My ds is 15 months and still doesn't say anything?

Katy218
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:54 pm 
Post subject: My ds is 15 months and still doesn't say anything?
Hi everyone, I found this site today and am hoping it takes off. I do use another forum but will be poping in to see how this ones going.

Anyway, back to the subject matter. I have a 15 month old (and a 3 yr old) who as of yet hasn't started saying any words. I'm not overly worried just yet as ds1 was 18 months when he started talking. Does anyone elses lo's say anything yet at this age?
Smile
candace
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:05 am 
Post subject: my 14 month old !!
HEY KATY ,
I GOT A 14 MONTH OLD ,SHE WILL BE 15 MONTHS ON THE 25TH. THE ONLY THING SHE REALLY SAYS IS DADA AND SHE SAYS THAT TO EVERYTHING AND EVERBODY SO I KNOW SHE DONT REALLY MEAN IT ! THIS IS MY FIRST TIME GETTING ON THIS WEBSITE .. I WAS STARTING TO GET WORRIED ABOUT HER NOT TALKING SO I STARTED LOOKING AROUND AND FOUND THIS WEBSITE .... Sad
jemsaf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:16 am 
Post subject:
Are you children around other kids? Have you had there hearing tested?
BusyDaddy
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
I would say there is nothing to worry about as every child develops at their own pace.

Whilst input from parents, sibblings and other adults/children must have an impact, each child has their own pace for development.

I remember my daughter was speaking almost fluently on her second birthday, whereas my son, who is rapidly approaching 2, is only saying 3/4 word phrases. My niece didn't start talking at all until she was nearly 2. So every child is different.
carriedoneer
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:41 pm 
Post subject: stop worrying about babies. your baby is fine!
Einstein was a very late talker. I know kids who only babbled nonsense but they made themselves understood even at AGE THREE and went on to become talking professionals. Too much attention is being paid. there is no connection between early talking and later intelligence, NONE. read up. Think of all the parents who now think their kids are geniuses but how many geniuses are there really? Most kids develop normally on their own timetable. the ONLY way Id be worried and I wouldnt lose my mind is if a child made NO attempt to communicate even nonverbally at 2 and if after wasnt making any communicative noises. Kids will talk. they will walk. they will sleep. to note, breastfed (not bottle fed or pumped milk fed) babies will follow a different course on milestones as will boys versus girls. also, twin kids tend to develop more slowlyas it is hard to give them adequate adult attention. but all catch up, ALL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular