Bleeding again

xMandyx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:17 pm 
Post subject: Bleeding again
I bled for 4 weeks after the birth so it stopped sometime last week and today I've started bleeding bright red blood again. I didn't think I'd have a period yet as I'm breastfeeding. Is this normal?

KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
i'm not sure hun sorry, speak to your HV though she'll know.

Cuddlefish
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Exactly the same happened to me - I've got a gp appointment on friday, and I'm going to ask her about it then. A friend of mine whose lo is a few months older than Lucy has reassured me intermittant bleeding whilst breastfeeding is normal, but i want to be certain!

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:41 am 
Post subject:
hey Mandy

could well be your periods coming back, or a singel period - mine started up back to almost normal at 5 weeks after I had Isaac, despite breastfeeding. Its a really odd area - everyone is different on this so pretty much everything is considered 'normal' lol.

That first period seems to last a long time for most ladies though - about 6 days or so seems common. Definitely worth checking with HV or GP though - have you got your 6 week check booked in yet?

Anna
xx
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Anna, I wish everything was straightforward. Yes got my 6 week check booked so will check with GP then x

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:40 pm 
Post subject:
I too am breastfeeding and i had my first period 5/6 weeks post birth however i havent had one since Confused so who knows lol xxx

xMandyx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
Cuddlefish wrote:
Exactly the same happened to me - I've got a gp appointment on friday, and I'm going to ask her about it then. A friend of mine whose lo is a few months older than Lucy has reassured me intermittant bleeding whilst breastfeeding is normal, but i want to be certain!

How did you get on at the GP's. What did they say?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular