Getting My 4 Year Old Out Of Nappies At NIght

CEM1784
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm 
Post subject: Getting My 4 Year Old Out Of Nappies At NIght
HELP!!

My son is 4 on December 29th and he is still in nappies at night time and I have no idea what to do to get him out!! I was told he would start getting dryer before I needed to do anything but he is still so wet. Any ideas how I can get this sorted esp now I have another on the way.

Many thanks!!

xsarahloux
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
My daughter stop wetting the bed by the time she was 3 years and 4 months. But it was hard as she did used to stay dry all day then wet the bed every night!!. What i did is told my daughter if she stopped wetting the bed she could have anything she wanted, and she looked through the argos book and picked out a dora the explora sofa bed. I said she had to stay dry every night for a week, and belive or not she did actually stay dry even till this day, i know it sounds stupid but it really worked for us!!! good luck and hope all goes well x
SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
I was lucky with my daughter, but the advice I was given was to avoid a late drink, make them at least try to go before they go to bed. Another thing you can try is to rouse them when you go to bed and take them to the toilet.

Reward charts etc are a good idea. Isabelle has one, first we choose something out of the Argos catalogue, cut it out and stick it on the chart, once she does what we have agreed she gets the thing she's chosen.

Good Luck, it will be okay soon. xx
hei
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:05 am 
Post subject:
hallo
whit my littel girl i just to wake her up ons at night and put a potty in her bedrom
after a coupel of nighte she got up her self when she neded the potty
and nove she sleeps all nighte long whit oute wetting the bed
good lukk
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hey.

I tried getting him up when I went to bed and putting him on a potty in his room (the bathroom is downstairs). His nappy was dry when I took him off and he did a wee and I thought we may have cracked it but when he got up his nappy was soaked. Nothing I try seems to work! I'm going to keep trying the potty routine as trying to bribe him hasn't worked yet!

Thanks for your advise.

Emski78
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:27 am 
Post subject:
I would not even worry about it yet. All children are so different, my son was 3 and 3 months before I got him potty trainned in the day and will be 4 in June and is no where near ready to go to bed without a nappy on. My friends son is 4 and half and he came home from ursery and said mummy i dont wnt to wear a nappy for bed anymore and that was that he has been dry ever since. Really don't worry or think they should be out by a certain time!!
Spanish
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
My daughter is 3 and 7 months and her nappy is sodden when she wakes up. She did come home once and say she didn't want to wear a nappy at night any more but after a few nights of no nappies I think she was exhausted by having to get up twice a night whilst I changed her bed so she wanted her nappy again. Anyway the one thing it did show me was that most of the wetness was because she was doing a really big wee when she woke up. Perhaps your son is the same, in which case could you try waking him up 5 - 10 minutes before he'd normally wake and taking him straight to the toilet?

Also have you actually tried taking him out of nappies at night? With my daughter by the third night she was only doing a little wee in the bed and then finishing on the potty (which was in her room) so I could see that she was getting the idea. I also bought some of those bedmats so I could just whip it off quickly in the night.

Finally, does it matter that he's still in nappes? I've been worrying about this myself - most of my firends kids are dry at night already. But I've decided recently that it doesn't matter, no one else has to know that she wears a nappy at night, and I'll just wait until she tells me she doesn't want to wear it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular