3 months on

xKerrynx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:26 pm 
Post subject: 3 months on
Ruby is 3 months old now and although i knew it would take a while im still feeling and looking like [*@!#%*]. Ive got so many spots, i dont think ive ever had this many. I asked my gp about them and he said they are hormonal and wont go away until i stop breastfeeding Shocked Also keep getting eye infections which i cant find anything to help! Im ashamed to admit im jealous when i see how great other mums look, 3 months is a long time and i honestly thought i would feel better by now! Is there anyone else feeling like this? I just want to be satisfied with what i see in the mirror! x

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:41 am 
Post subject:
aww Kerryn Sad some women just take longer to get back to 'normal'.

If ot makes you feel any better, breastfeeding contracts your uterus back to pre-pregnancy size, and is the only thing that does - so you'll be miles ahead in a fwe months time Very Happy Try setting aside some time every week for pampering. Do your nails, condition your hair, use a nice face cream or something - might not make much difference, but mght make you feel better Very Happy

Anna
xx
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:52 am 
Post subject:
Aww hun,I'm sorry you're feeling like that.I can sympathise a little,even thought mine is mainly due to PND but I feel crappy about how I look at the mo.I can't bear to look in the mirror either,I hate having wobbly bits that ust wont seem to go no matter what I eat/do.

But it's having the time and energy to do something about it that's hard.

I'm not the most confident of people anyway but now I hate going anywhere,It really does knock your confidence but like Anna said,try to take some time out for yourself if you can.once ruby is fed,maybe go and have a nice long bath or something,always makes me feel better.

I was watching tina o'brien on tv the other day and she said she believes you should allow yourself the same time to get back in shape etc as the time you were pregnant,so 9 motnhs,so the in theory you still have 6 months hun and even then,I wouldn't rush about it.you've got a gorgeous baby,enjopy her instead!.

And if all else fails,eat chocolate,or cake!makes you feel better for a while at least .chin up hun xx

NicolaOasis
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
Kerry, i can totally sympathise with you, i feel the same, i feel and look like [*@!#%*] and i just cant give myself a kick up the arse Sad Aimee is 4 months old now and i've only lost half a stone.

I am so jealous of other mums too, everyone else seemed to snap back into shape and i am the original big fat munter xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular