Sleep position

erj74
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:28 am 
Post subject: Sleep position
Hi everyone, just looking for a little bit of advice. Everything I read tells me that after 24 weeks I should not be sleeping on my back, sleeping on my left side is best. I'm 25 weeks and am finding it really uncomfortable to sleep on my side at the minute, I have bought the cushions to put between my knees and under the bump but on my back is just the most comfortable - is this really bad for me and my baby? I'm having enough trouble sleeping and having to lie in an uncomfortable position is not helping!!!
Thanks in advance.
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
I am exactly the same!!!! If I roll on my back I suddenly wake up as if my body knows it should be on the left side! I actually ditched the maternity pillow I bought and am comfier on my side without it just now (I'm 18 weeks). I did buy new normal pillows, duvet and mattress topper to make my bed more inviting and try and get as knackered as I can before bed so that I fall asleep straight away! Sorry I can't give you any proper advice but I always think it's nice to have someone to moan about things that annoy us even if we can't fix it! Very Happy
Hope you have a comfier night tonight,
Claire xxx
caramumofmany
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
i think its much later in pregnancy when the baby starts tro become heavy when its bad for you to sleep on your back, plainly because baby would be pushing on all your organs and making it hard for you to breath, i slept on my back for most of my pregnancie well until it got to painful to

Cara XX
mum to 5
erj74
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for replying to my moan - its so hard to know what to do most of the time. This is my first pregnancy and am trying not to worry about every little thing but sometimes you don't know what to do for the best!! I am really enjoying being pregnant and am so excited about having my little baby, I jsut wish it was a little easier on the body - I guess this sleep deprivation is preparing me for when she arrives Very Happy

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular