babys first movements

Albs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:25 am 
Post subject: babys first movements
Hi
I am currently 19 weeks pregnant this is my first baby but second pregnancy (had a missed miscarrige back in sept) I am so extatic that everything is perfect so far, had quite a few early scans and everything brill and all blood tests have comeback really well and low risk in the anomaly blood test.
I live in scotland and here you dont get anymore scans after 12 weeks if everything is ok, which i guess is good cause everything is ok but now im kinda waiting for the next sign that everything is still going well which is starting to feel the first flutters, i dont really know if i have i keep thinking i have but then i think maybe thats not it !! help!! im not due to see the midwife again for another 3 weeks where she will let me here the heartbeat but until then i think im going mad worrying about weather i can feel movements.
Can anyone tell me what it feels like and if i am alone wondering if your feeling flutters or not -
i love being pregnant and am so happy Very Happy but my god what a minefield for a worry wort like me!!!
thanks
alba
MummaT
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
I know how you feel albs, I was back a forth from the doctors in the early months as I kept worrying about one thing or another. If you are worried why don't you go and see your doctor and see if they will listen for a heart beat? Its worth asking if it will put your mind at rest Smile

Albs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi jolice
Thats a good idea, am i better asking the docs or the midwife?

albs Very Happy
MummaT
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
Which ever one you feel happier with. Due to the way it works in my health center I found that if I asked for the doctor I would get seen soon.

Also was going to say that when I first felt my baby move it was kind of like rumbles in my tummy, sort of like gas or bubbles or something. Its kind of hard to explain but at first I wasn't sure if it was baby or not but after a while you'll know. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular