slleping on my back

DOBSON
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:14 pm 
Post subject: slleping on my back
Hi All,

Ive been meaning to ask for ages,do you know why we are recommended not to sleep on our backs? Im 25 weeks and I cant get comfy at night even with maternity pillow- find myself waking up on my side and Im worried im hurting bubba by laying on my back.
also is anyone struggling to get out of the bath??
lots of love
xxx
kerrylyn78
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
Getting out of the bath is a nitemare lol. I usually wash on my knees and do hair with shower head. As for sleeping on back - i keep waking up on back in mornings and am in so much pain getting up. I saw consultant yesterday and told him this - he said not to worry though xx
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
thanks poppet, Ive been so worried im hurting baby!!
My belly button is quite painful too.

I feel like a beached whale- still got ages to go.Im worried my baby is going to be massive!!!
Bazzle
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
I think the reason they suggest sleeping on the side ( esp the left side ) is to ensure better circulation as a certain vein can be pressed on by the baby. The books i read also say it is better for digestion too apparantly. I often wake up on my back, just turn myself onto my left again! I do miss sleeping on my front though...if i tried it now my head would hit the ceiling!!! hehe!!! xxx
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:42 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah they recommend the left side to sleep as best blood flow to baby - strange but true apparantley.
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
I remember reading in one of my books or somewhere that you shouldn't sleep on your back as baby is squishing your insides (I'm sure it didn't say it in those words). I find that if I'm on my back for too long (like laying on the sofa or something) it kind of hurts. I can't get up from my back at all any more and have to roll onto my side, this is really hard in the bath Wink

xemmax
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
I cant lie on my back at all, i find when i do i cannot breath, does anyone else get this? x

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
i have the same issue, im only comfy on my back or on my left side but always wake up on my back (the very rare occasion i manage to sleep that is!)
when i said to my midwife about it she said not to worry as you will naturally move position while you sleep if its doing you know good, she said trust your body!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular