Blood test vs Home Preg Test - sad news :(

MissScotland
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:01 pm 
Post subject:
Dee5 wrote:
I don't know how to help my system adjust quicker? Do you?

Im afraid i have no idea due to my lack of knowledge with the pill.All i know is every1 is different when they come off it, some peoples cycles start fairly soon and some may take longer. There are a few threads around from peeps who have been on the pill and ttc,you should check them out as they may be able to help.

Dee5 wrote:
you see the thing is that the doc still thinks i am on the pill - i am not married but have been with my boyfriend for nearly 8 years and am longing to have a baby. In our country I think only my gynae would be able to do it for me and ya he doesn't know that i really want a baby

What country are you from?
Could you not maybe have a little chat with your doctor or even a nurse at the surgery and let them know your ttc and also about the pill and how youve stopped taking it to try for a baby. Being honest is the best policy and maybe once they understand your situation they will be able to help you in any way they can. Maybe give you some tips and also some advice and remedys on how to get your cycle back to normal.

Lets hope your new blood tests come through with your original result when you next get them done as that sounds devastating to be told 1 thing and then another, but honestly id have that chat with them while your there and hopefully you get answers to many of your questions. It will put your mind at ease aswell.

Good Luck
D xxx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
Dee, I am so sorry to hear of the mix up. I can totally understand you feeling like you've lost a baby. You spent however long believing you were pregnant only to find out you weren't so of course it's a shock. I really hope you get a positive blood test next week.

wapster
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
hi dee
i am sorry to hear about what has happend i have iregular periods too but i have found a great site that has help me get pregnant it is www.fertillityfriend.com
we have been trying since july last year and then i found this site my first month using it i am pregnant hope it helps you and take care
MissScotland
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:57 pm 
Post subject:
wapster wrote:
hi dee
i am sorry to hear about what has happend i have iregular periods too but i have found a great site that has help me get pregnant it is www.fertillityfriend.com
we have been trying since july last year and then i found this site my first month using it i am pregnant hope it helps you and take care

Hi Wap and welcome.

Congratulations Very Happy

Im using that site to chart aswell. Hope it works this end too.

Have a H&H pregnancy
D xxx
Dee5
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
Wow thanks ladies for the support and advice - going to check out the site now for the fertility.

I would love to tell my doc that I have been off the pill but I am scared - i know here they only want to give you fertility drugs after a year - here in South Africa.

I really do pray - they re-did tests this afternoon and the same machine that gave me a positive did it again and they used the old machine and it came out negative so I will be going back on monday for another test.

really sucks - i know the more you want something the more it won't happen but come on how are you meant to do it then? If you don't want something it seems to happen but then you aren't in the right frame of mind
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular