How old for Crawling?

auna
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:12 pm 
Post subject: How old for Crawling?
My grandbaby is 6 months old and she has been sitting up, rolling over and crawling for quite some time now. She is now starting to pull up onto things, at this rate I'm afraid she'll be walking by 7 months of age. Is this healthly for a baby? Will it hurt if they do these things so early? My children never did things near as earlier as she does and it makes me wonder. She is a very happy baby and sleeps from 9pm-9am every night. She doesn't seem to let anything hinder her from learning. If anyone has a baby this age, i'd appreciate your thoughts or comments. Thanks!
Deanobaby
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
Don't worry all babies develop at different rates and its all normal, one of my children walked at 9 months another at 14 months. xx

Chan76
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:30 pm 
Post subject: early crawler
I shouldn't worry a bit, she's just doing what is coming natural to her. I never thought my son would crawl, as he wanted to be on his feet from about 4 months old! He started crawling at 7 months, walking around furniture at 8 and walking at 9! My Mum also reckons that children these days seem to advance quicker, but who knows!!!!
Anasmommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:56 pm 
Post subject: Worried New Mom
I have a 5 month old daughter and she doesnt seem to like being on her tummy. She cries and gives up and sucks her thumb. She can move herself in a circle, but doesnt inch forward. Im worried that she wont crawl until much later. I put toys and cute things in front of her to "crawl" to, but she gives up. Any advice on what i can do?
joshlibmum
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:11 pm 
Post subject: worried new mum
my daughter is 6 mths old and didnt like being on her stomach either when she first learnt to roll over but couldnt roll back i think she was just frustrated she couldnt run about like her older brother now even though shes not crawling yet she still gets about and is quite happy on her front with her little legs itching to go i dont think it will be much longer
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:25 am 
Post subject:
this is not a concern. its shows she is developing well. my daughter was 7 months crawling and 1 year walking. but all babys are different she is obviously just a fast learner.

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi Anasmommy, my son hated tummy time with a passion, was due to medical reasons but the solution is still the same. Everytime you put her down, put her on her tummy first. Doesnt matter if it last only 20 seconds, roll her over when she has had enough. If you make this a habit you will be suprised how much she will progress. Hunter is 7mnths and still only stays there for about 10min max but when he was 5mnth it was less the 2mins. Doc said just to put him tummy down EVERY time and he will begin to expect it. Good luck!! O by the way, the sooner they crawl the sooner you have to safety proof everything and grow eyes in the back of your head. Shocked I think I can wait a bit longer thanks.
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:02 am 
Post subject:
My baby is now 5 months plus. She enjoy rolling on the bed like no other business. But I'm worry that she might roll to the floor one day. Within 1 minutes she can roll from the top till the other end which another turn, she will be on the floor. I just cant keep her on bed when i need to rush to wee wee or even stomache. I'm trying not to encourage her to turn. Should I just leave it and let her turns in her play-pen?
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:42 am 
Post subject:
Hi summersecret, sorry Sad but once rolling starts you can stop it Very Happy When you have to leave the room just make sure she on the floor and cant get to anything she not ment to be having. Gosh it will only be another couple of months and she will be crawling Shocked Rolling is really good exercise too, both sides of the brain have to work together to make rolling possible, so body and brain getting a workout!!!! Her play pen and the floor will be her best and safest friends from now on.
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:37 pm 
Post subject: crawler
Hi everyone. My son rolled over at 1 month and started crawling at 4 and a half months. He likes to pull himself up and stand for long peroids of time. I like to call him my wobler. I had asked his pediatrician how long it was going to be before he started walking and the doctor said it could be a month or it could be three months. You can never tell. I guess its when they are ready.
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
Oh god you poor thing!!!!! Laughing Wow, you didnt have anytime to prepare yourself!!! Hunter wont be crawling till after he is 1yr Id say, he not even rolling yet at 8mnths.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular