The role of the community midwife

stevenson226
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:34 pm 
Post subject: The role of the community midwife
I was wondering if anyone could help me undertake this short interview i am due to perform. Can anyone tell me what type of care is provided to mother and baby immediately after the birth, up to 1 months after birth, up to 2 months after birth, up to 3 months after the birth.
Also does anyone know the range of services which midwives provide?
What is the role of the midwife in the first 3 months of the childs life?
How is the role of the midwife different to the care provided via a hospital midwife?
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry Stevenson, i'm afraid we're all only mums and mums to be ont his forum so no one is a qualified midwife or medical expert. I would advise contacting your local midwife unit and asking them your questions Very Happy
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:29 pm 
Post subject:
I just didnt knw if you as mothers knew what was provided for you after the birth in terms of care and support. But thank you for your help anyways xx
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
my midwifes over here were fantastic, they always visit you the day after you have had the baby and then the day after and depending how your getting it on maybe the day after next, at 2 weeks they check everything like the weight and do the heel prick (i think thats at 2 weeks) they give as much help as you need, i think its different for evertyone, depending on how ,uch help you want from them

Jump to:  

Community

Popular