DOPPLERS...U MUST GET ONE!!!!!

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:09 am 
Post subject: DOPPLERS...U MUST GET ONE!!!!!
HI guys and girls!!!
I wanted to share some advice with you, I am currently 18 wks pregnant with my second child and had alot of problems during the first few weeks of this pregnancy.

everything settled down nicely apart from my severe paranoia that everything was going to go wrong and that there was something wrong with the baby.

I would spend sleepless nights wandering if the little thing was even still there! crazy i know but i just couldnt shake this awful feeling away and it was taking over my life,
I was on ebay one day when i saw a maternity doppler (exactly like the one the midwives and doctors use to hear babys hearbeat ect) so i put a bid on it and ended up paying 50 quid for it!

ever since we recieved it i have been able to listen to the heartbeats and movements whenever im feelong a little worried or just because its lovely to listen with my partner and my daughter.

i though 50 quid was a small price to pay for peace of mind and i feel i can enjoy the pregnancy now and settle any paranoid feelings i get, so if your that way inclined then splash out and treat yourself it really is worth it.

all the best
dawn x
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I brought an Angelsounds one and its great i use it all the time... one question though...

Im 17 weeks pregnant but the only place i can get a heartbeat is with the doppler right where my knickers are, i mean i have to put it where my pubes are (sorry for the too much info). Shouldnt it be higher up by now????

I have a massive belly so why is it so low down????

xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies. I'm sure we're all due around the same time!!! I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and have got one of the angelsounds ones too. It's great and very good for reassurance! I can now hear the baby move as well as feel it which is really cool! Is nice for my hubby to feel part of things as well until it starts kicking out. Mikhaela I fiound the same thing and was a bit worried BUT have found that if I use it when I need the loo (sorry TMI!!!) my womb rises up and out a bit more and the heartbeat and movement is much higher up. I asked my mum about it and she said the baby moves around loads just now cos there's loads of room for it so it might just be where it's comfy when you're doppling! She also said that a lot of the belly higher up is actually the other organs moving up so you think your womb is there but it might be your stomach if you get my drift.
Happy doppling!
Claire xxx
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:54 pm 
Post subject:
Oh right, thanks cjarchibald, that puts my mind at rest xx
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah, listenng with a full bladder should push it up a bit, you are probably just carrying low... i must be high as i always pick it up in line with my belly button and im 18 wks.
dawn x
CL
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:54 pm 
Post subject: Babies heartbeat
I also have an Angelsound and im 20 wks but i can only hear it low down(on knicker line) When I saw the midwife that was also where she hearrd it and said it was o.k. i too am a worrier after waiting 3 years for baby and an ectopic but she put my mind at rest.
Hope you are all feeling o.k
Take care
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
Mikhaela wrote:
Hi, I brought an Angelsounds one and its great i use it all the time... one question though...

Im 17 weeks pregnant but the only place i can get a heartbeat is with the doppler right where my knickers are, i mean i have to put it where my pubes are (sorry for the too much info). Shouldnt it be higher up by now????

I have a massive belly so why is it so low down????

xx

its because the top of your uterus is only in between your pubic bone an blly button and the baby is so small that its virtually impossible to find a beat.
as a midwives dont even have to listen in to the baby at this gestation anymore because baby is too small and it causes mums and partners more distress when it takes awhile to find the beat . although, most midwives will because its what women expect.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
OK, Thanks everyone i feel alot better now.

Sorry Dawn if i stepped on your thread abit, but they are great devices and everone should get one for later pregnanacy!!!! xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular