Period like discharge

portmum
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm 
Post subject: Period like discharge
Hi

I'm 11 weeks (12 counting period) today and I have started to get a brown/ red discharge that hasnt stopped since I woke up. It looks like the beginnings of a period and I am mega worried especially as I am going to portugal on thursday to give my mum the good news.

Has anyone had this or should I get medical advice?

Help!

Thank you!
FingersCrossed
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
Definitely phone your doc asap so you can get checked out, that was what they always told me when I was miscarrying. It will probably be fine as you are quite far along but they say any bleeding needs investigating,
Good luck x
nev
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:27 am 
Post subject:
I have had a similar thing this week. I had my dating scan on Monday and I'm just coming up to ten weeks. On Wednesday when I got up and went to the loo I had the same brown discharge, I rang the midwife and she just advised me to rest. I didnt have any pain and it stopped after a few hours but I'm still worried that something might be wrong. The midwife said that if it turned a bright red and I was in pain then to contact the Dr, which it didnt but my mind is not rested at all. Did you get any better advice? xx
Twinks
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
They say that unless your blood is red, try not to worry... If it carries on for a long period of time though go to seek medical advice!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular