Advice please - my 15 month old

linnie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:35 am 
Post subject: Advice please - my 15 month old
Hiya, my 15 month old daughter has started bringing her milk back up curdlled (full fat cows milk) she has been fine with it up until last night (my aunt had her over night and said she had been up 3,4 and 5 am and not settling very well. She did not keep her breakfast down, which was porridge, but kept down a dry piece of toast and some very weak diluting juice.

When she came back home with me she would not eat or drink anything, just rolled about the floor feeling sorry for herself, she finally fell asleep for an hour and then she had a plain biscuit and some more diluting juice, she ate the biscut but hardly had anything out of the juice (which is unusual). She did not want her dinner, which again is unusual for her as she loves her food.

My partner gave her some milk into bed with her but she did not touch it, Ive just been in just for another check to make sure shes ok and she had taken some milk but as soon as I changed her nappy she was chocking to bring it back up and it came up curdlled.

I just dont know whats wrong with her, shes the kind of baby that can eat and eat but not put on weight, she is very skinny (not what I would expect a 15 month old to be like at all, but been told thats normal with some girls) but she eats and eats all day (when shes well)

My 3 year old has just got over a dioreah (sorry tmi) bug, and out of the wole week he was sick twice and it was at night on 2 seperate nights.

Any advice please

Ta in advance x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:50 am 
Post subject:
maybe a badly acid tummy causing the curding? you could try a little infant gaviscon maybe?
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:14 am 
Post subject:
If she hasnt been feeling the best you may want to avoid putting her to bed with milk. Some of it doesnt always make it to the stomach and it sits in the back of the throat curdling away till its brought up. Water maybe for now?? Hope she feeling better, poor thing. Sad
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
Would just try plain food and very weak juice for next couple of days. Dry toast or rich tea biscuits are good. Both my daughters are very skinny and I worry too when they don't eat but they always seem to be ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular