New - and confused!

RHL
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:03 pm 
Post subject: New - and confused!
Hi,
I hope one of you out there can help me with a few questions!

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year and my period is now about 3 days overdue. I have done 2 tests, both of which show a very pale 'positive' line. My boobs are very sore but other than that I have no symptoms. Do you think i am safe to think of myself as pregnant?! Have got a docs appointment for next week but in the meantime I feel a bit in limbo and hub and i don't want to get too excited too soon. If I AM lucky enough to be pregnant, how do I work out how far gone I am?

My last period was on the 8th Jan and my cycle can be anywhere from 28 to 34 days. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks
R x
CRS
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:26 pm 
Post subject: Young and Confused!! Please help!
I hope that someone out there can help me.

I have been with my partner for about 9 months and even though i am on the implant, i think that i might be pregnant! My boobs are quite tender and i feel dizy and sick. I haven't done a test yet, because im scared of what the out come might be.

I dont know how my partner would feel about the prospect of being a dad!

Need some some help?

Thanks
Chantelle xx

Last edited by CRS on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:32 am 
Post subject: Re: New - and confused!
RHL wrote:
Hi,
I hope one of you out there can help me with a few questions!

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year and my period is now about 3 days overdue. I have done 2 tests, both of which show a very pale 'positive' line. My boobs are very sore but other than that I have no symptoms. Do you think i am safe to think of myself as pregnant?! Have got a docs appointment for next week but in the meantime I feel a bit in limbo and hub and i don't want to get too excited too soon. If I AM lucky enough to be pregnant, how do I work out how far gone I am?

My last period was on the 8th Jan and my cycle can be anywhere from 28 to 34 days. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks
R x

Hi There

I to am not a medical proffesional and do not want to get your hopes up but the rule usually goes never trust a negative always trust a positive! Generaly when the pregnancy test is faint this means you are pregnant but the hormone which stimulates the test to read positive is quite low (maybe you are still quite early) When I took a prenancy test I bought an early one.. Clear blue which literally says "Pregnant" or "not pregnant" they are a little more expensive 12-14 but well worth giving you the reassurance you need. Sore boobs are also quite a popular symptom and in all fairness I personally beleive when you have that feeling you are in my experiance I was.. I just knew!

good luck! I hope you get the result you wish for.

Thanks

Jazmine
RHL
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jazmine
Thank you very much for getting back to me. I am almost 100% sure I am pregnant - I think I am just scared to believe it in case it's not true! Maybe it is worth me investing in a more expensive test, just to be sure. Am having some cramping as well which from what I have read on here is actually quite normal so fingers crossed I am expecting!

Thanks again
R x

Chantelle - have you done test yet? I hope you get the right result for you x
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:45 pm 
Post subject: hi
good luck to both of u keep me posted xxxx lisa Very Happy
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
RHL I totally agree with Jazmine on this. Postives are hardly ever wrong!!! I did my first test 2 weeks after the 'deed' and it was really faint too. I wouldn't believe it until I did 3 more and still didn't properly believe it until the doc confirmed it!!! He he ! Laughing

Got my fingers crossed for both of you!
Claire xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular