Confused Newbie

from a benefits point of view, legally, can my ex partner stay the odd night even though we are officially seperated? i
yes
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
no
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4
BecksAndHaydn
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:04 pm 
Post subject: Confused Newbie
Hi,

I am new to this site. I am a 20yr old single mom to 8 month old boy and an angel who would now be 19 months. Babies dad and me split a few weeks ago due to problems relating to the death of our first child in October 2007. In the last two weeks i have been offered a council flat which i have accepted and hope to move in next week. My X and i have been talking the last few days about trying again but just taking things slowly.He is living at his mom's and that is the way it will stay for a while as i am not ready to be living with him again.
I am unable to work as there is no childcare locally for my little man so am having to claim single parent benefits to provide for him.
What i want to know is whether my partner is allowed to stay at all???? the last thing i want to do is to get into trouble for having him stay the night so can anyone enlighten me on the guidlines and rules for this?
Velvet
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:07 pm 
Post subject:
As far as i have been told you can , he can stay up to three nights a week (i think ) b4 it affects your benefits but i would ask at your local office. I know my brother phoned and asked and thats what he was told we're in Scotland so mite be different where you live.

xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular