Sleeping without being held---Help

sylv
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:39 am 
Post subject: Sleeping without being held---Help
My baby is 8 weeks old and will not stay asleep for more than a few minutes during the day without being held. If I hold her she will sleep for long durations. The few times that we have taken her out she tends to sleep well and when she awakes from a good long nap she is a much happier child. How can I change this pattern ????
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
ur babies now used to linking u holding her with sleep and it may be a hrd thing to break.
u may have to deal with some amount of fussing and crying before ur baby gets used to sleeping without been held
i was always told not to let my baby go to sleep in my arms and if my baby did i wud put them down straight away if they woke up id give them some time to go back to sleep more often than not they wud sleep after about 10mins of whinging at that age.
FD
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:19 am 
Post subject:
hi,

It sounds as though she is not only associating sleeping with being near you but also with movement and possibly noise (whirr of pram wheels)

Try letting her listen to "white noise" to get to sleep. It worked great with my little girl .She would only go to sleep when I held her which was a nightmare with a 2 year old at my feet as well. Now she sleeps for 2 hr slots during the day and for 12 hours at night!

F.

www.calmsleepingbaby.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular