blood pressure

jessica828
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:25 am 
Post subject: blood pressure
im 19 weeks pregnant and i have been having higher blood pressure than before i was pregnant the doc told me that im not high risk yet but could be later on...a little worried....
IrishMammy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:21 am 
Post subject: Re: blood pressure
jessica828 wrote:
im 19 weeks pregnant and i have been having higher blood pressure than before i was pregnant the doc told me that im not high risk yet but could be later on...a little worried....

Hi Jessica828, high blood pressure is a sign of pre-eclampsia and I think that is why your doctor has mentioned it to you. Don't worry high blood pressure on it's own is not a major concern but have a look at the following website: www.preeclampsia.org that will help you with any questions you might have. I was also told by my GP that some people have what's know as your "1st blood pressure reading" which means that when some women first get their blood pressure taken at their appointment it can be a bit higher then normal due to sitting in the waiting room maybe getting a bit anxious etc so ask for your blood pressure to be taken a few minutes after you get into your appointment and I think it will give the midwife/doctor a truer reading of your blood pressure.

Hope this puts your mind at ease xxxxxxxxx
cardea
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:16 pm 
Post subject: high blood pressure
Hi,

I would ask your midwife to take your blood pressure at the end of your check ups as it will give you time to adjust to the medical setting you are in and have a chance to relax a little ( my midwife suggested this tip to me ) Also, i think it can be quite normal for your blood pressure to drop slightly during differnt stages of your pregnancy - mine dropped in the 2nd trimester and then picked up again in the last 2 months - although it is still normal.

As long as you are having it checked regularly don't worry as any major changes will be picked up on and acted upon quite quickley.

XXXXX Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular