suezz

aj1986
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:26 pm 
Post subject: suezz
hello i was adviced by another lady on the forum to read your story as i am going through something very similar to what you went through except i am a little further on than what you were wen u ad ur baby, so heres my story so far.... ten days ago i had a show then woke up the next morning to fresh blood so went to hospital were i was monitered, i was havin light contractions so they decided to admit me and give me steroid injections, but the pain went then whilst in hospital i had another show which they didnt seem 2 worried, i went home last fridat but on sunday i had another another show and more contractions so went back in, was in delivery suite all nite and my waters broke monday morning... then contractions stopped and apparently my cervix is open but not dialated, i had a U.S to check for fluid round baby n its defo all gone, they kept me in for 24hrs after waters breaking then have sent me home with antibiotics n sed i could basically start labour anytime but its more than likely to be sooner rather than later, but i am soooo scared Sad i have no pains at all i just feel uncomfortable the babys movement can sometimes hurt now the water has gone. i am still losing a pinky discharge but they dnt seem worried about that, i hope u dnt mind me sharing my story with you but any advice (frm anyone reading this) would be good Very Happy i am going out of my mind with worry but reading your story made me feel better as obviously your baby was born earlier than wot mine would be and he is beautiful, take care x x x
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun i know im not the lady your looking to reply but i just wanted to show my support. I had my baby at 31 weeks and too had been back and forward to hospital a few times and once with a show. I was kept in for a few days and was about to go home when my waters broke. My baby was delivered by emergencey section the same day only because i had fully dilated in half an hour and she was breech. I know you must be really stressed hun i felt horrible when i was going through it all cos you just think about how early it still is and that the baby might not be ok. As distressing as it seems the docs must think the baby will be ok. My baby stayed in scbu for 4 weeks and she is now home and doing amazing. Doubt ive helped much hun but like i said just wanted to try and reassure you. Take care Very Happy xx

NicolaOasis
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:47 am 
Post subject:
Hiya, my story is different but i lost all the fluid before my baby was born. Basically, i hadnt felt her move for a while, i wen to the hospital to be checked, they did alot of tests and eventually scanned me which showed that my baby wasnt being fed properly by my placenta and they thought she was about 3lb 8oz and nearly all my fluid had leaked away ( i thought i was just peeing alot ).

They decided to give me steroid injections and give me a c-section 2 days later. They warned me that my baby would be taken away to the sbcu to be checked so i was kinda prepared for that.

Aimee was only 2lb 15oz when she was born, they were worried about her lungs before she was born but out she came and she started screaming the place down which was the best sound in the world. They cleaned her up, brought her over to see me for a few mins and then took her away.

Aimee was in the SBCU for 22 days before we got her home. Now she is 110% healthy, she's got wee chubby cheeks and fat legs, she's just over 13lb now and just the happiest baby.

You and your baby will be fine, i promise Smile If i can be of any more help, just msg me Smile

Good luck xx
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:24 am 
Post subject:
thanks very much for sharing your stories with me, it makes me feel better to know that you have been through similar and your babys are healthy Smile i just cant stop feeling like i did summit wrong Confused dnt suppose any of you know how long you can be left for without any water? do either of you have other children? xxx
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:57 am 
Post subject:
I felt like that too, like i was so [*@!#%*] that i couldnt even carry her properly and stuff and because she wasnt planned and i was devasted for the first 3 months that i knew i was pregnant, i felt like it was the universe paying me back for not being happy to start off with. Silly really, these things just happen.

Im not sure how long you can be left without water, i had practically none left but i think i was taken in almost straight away because my placenta wasnt feeding Aimee properly.

There is another girl on here Helz123 who had Megan at 30 weeks and she was only 2lb 15oz too and Megan is doing brilliantly, i think Megan was in the SBCU for 4 weeks.

Have you spoke to your midwife recently ? xx
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
hiya nicola, am back in hospital ad a dull ache in my lower abdomen n light bleeding which r apparntly first signs of labour and baby isnt very active so just in for observation til the bleeding stops, spoke to doc 2day n he reckons labour could b anytime in the nxt 4 wks so its just a waiting game really, hopefully with bedrest baby wil stay put til wk35, just wanna say thanks its really helped me talkin 2 u Smile x x x
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
You're in the right place anyway Smile

Even if you hang on until 34 weeks, Aimee was born at 34 weeks and she was 100% healthy, just tiny. She only needed to be an incubator for a week and then she was put into a cot after that. And she was only fed through a tube for around 5 days and then she was fine to be bottlefed. So even if you hold on to 33/34 weeks it would be great.

I'm glad ive put your mind at rest, thats what im here for Wink

You and the baby will be grand, i promise, i'm thinking of you both.

Keep us updated xx
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:51 am 
Post subject:
Hiya

just wanted to show my support here too Smile Like Nic says i had Megan at 30 weeks and she was actually in SCBU for nearly 6 weeks in total. Shes brilliant tho! Touch wood (touches head)! shes never had a setback always done so well. Im sure it will all be fine for you hun. Good luck.

Helz xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular