When should you have your first scan date ?

EllenS
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:49 pm 
Post subject: When should you have your first scan date ?
Hi, I'm 15-16 weeks pregnant with my first child. According to the books I've read, you should generally have your first scan done by week 12 and your second scan by week 20 ! How correct is this, has I still haven't heard any news about when my scan will be ? Should I be contacting the midwife to find out whether she has done this, or will I appear as being too pushy !?!

Rolling Eyes
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
depends on the area. not all areas do a dating scan at around 12 weeks. with my first i only had a 20 week scan and that was around 22 weeks.
Twinks
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
Call your midwife and ask her as it depends on what area you are in! x
mummy2be1
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
it all depends on ya area! i had one straight away which is known as the 'Dating scan' to see exactly how far gone you are, i had this at 8weeks, i then didnt have another one till i was 20 week scan! which is where you can gfind out the sex andto make sure their heart and everything is all ok

you then dont have another one unless there is a problem xxx
cardea
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:40 pm 
Post subject: scan
I would defo check this out. I had a dating scan at 13 weeks and then the scarily named abnormality scan at 20 weeks. I would have thought you would have had your first scan by now to confirm pregnancy, estimated date of arrival and also how many babies there are in there ! I believe it can alter depending on where you live, but i would question this with the medical people who are looking after you.

Good luck X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular