Confused

scaryfeet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:41 pm 
Post subject: Confused
Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant and under pressure to make a decision whether to keep my baby or have an abortion. Personally I want to keep it, but am worried about bringing a baby into the world when I can't afford to look after myself as I'm not working at the moment.
My partner thinks the best thing to do would be to have an abortion as soon as possible, we've only been together four months but have a really strong relationship and have moved in together. I'm 22, 23 in October and my boyfriend is 25. Does anyone have any advice on what kind of support is available, financially or in terms of counselling?
Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks Smile
sammie23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
hi im not a beliver in abortions sorry, so it would be unfair to give u any advise, and as for the financial part no one can afford children unless ur really rich, you just make yourself afford them! me and my partner have low sallerys but we both work hard 40hrs a week each and well we will make our selfs afford a baby when i get pregnant!! although we do save now!!

goodluck with your decisions!!xx
LisaRob
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
I think as long as the decision is yours babe then you'll make the right one. Dont let anyone force / influence your decision. It has to be yours and yours alone. Money does not make your child happy! I always say when my parents were young and me and my brother were little they had no money atall. But we were very lucky cause we had my parents love! Thats something which is very special - not how much money you do or dont have.
Its a scary time - dont make quick decisions! Let us know how you get on.

x x x x x x

scaryfeet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:40 pm 
Post subject: thanks
Thank you for your replies, im sure that i want to keep this baby and your right, no one can tell me otherwise

Confused
katvonb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
in my opinion if everyone waited til they were well off enough to have kids
the world would be a very quiet place. As its already been said money wont make
your baby happy nor will it make you a better mummy.. go with your heart if you
want your baby have it dont give in to outside pressure. Speak to your local social
security office about the financial side of things if your really worried..
Good luck with your decision xxx
Babywils
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I was just 18 when I had my daughter and I was still living at home i was with my childs father for 8 years and did marry him. Things where not easy for us he was in the Navy and I felt like a single mother most of the time. However I would not change anything for the world, you do cope and there is plenty of help you can get with money and support. It is a very big decision to make but you need to make sure its right for you. Have you considered adoption as another option, you may find that to hard but it is up to you. No one said being a mother in this world is easy no matter your situation but you do find ways to get by. I am no longer with my daughters dad but she sees him regulary and I have found someone else who loves both me and my daughter things do work out in the end they just take time.

xxx
LisaRob
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:39 pm 
Post subject: Re: thanks
scaryfeet wrote:
Thank you for your replies, im sure that i want to keep this baby and your right, no one can tell me otherwise

Confused

Thats great news! Make sure you stick to YOUR decision hun. Can be very easy to be swayed by the one you love if they think otherwise. Good luck. We're here for you anytime Smile

xxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular