catching illnesses

kye
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:31 pm 
Post subject: catching illnesses
I child mind and i'm six weeks pregnant, one of the children I lokafter is twelve months old and has been ill with sickness with a temp of 40.3, her parents took her to hospital few nights back and they did not no what was wrong but gave her amoxycillan, today she arrived with a rash all over her body and I'm worried it could be dangerous to my unborn child. Her mum said the rash is a virus coming out but she can not no that for sure also the doctors would not off prescribed something for a virus should I stop looking after her till she's better? I was not even warned about the rash and only saw it when changing her nappy?
cardea
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:29 pm 
Post subject: Hello
Hi Kye,

I completly understand your concerns. When i was 8 weeks pregnant i was in contact with my friends sister who had chicken pox. I did not want to tell anyone i was pregnant at the time, but did'nt really have a choice as i had to leave the house when she came to visit her sister. I would book an appt with your GP if you have not had any contact with your midwife yet and ask medical advice on what to look out for, what is safe and what is not.

It might be an idea for you to let parents of children know sooner rather than later about your pregnancy so they can forewarn you about any illness their child has or has recently had.

Good luck X
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
yes I totally agree, its not worth taking any chances I would deffinatly let the parents know.. Maybe it would be a good idea to contact NHS direct to see if they have any advice for you.

xxx
kye
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for youe reply was annoyed because the parents do no and didn't give me the chance to make my own decision will be more carefull in future x
Marien
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:06 pm 
Post subject: Selfish parents!
Hi. I just read this and it seems to me those parents are being incredibly selfish in putting you (not to mention the other children you care for)and your baby at risk like that especially since you're pregnant AND they know it! I can't believe some people! I have told all my friends, family & clients to tell me if they're ill because I will not go near them if they are and they respect that. I've had a few health probs including pleurisy & ME/chronic fatigue and I am more at risk of catching stuff and becoming iller than the average person but I think people should be more considerate in general before spreading their germs around! Hope you haven't caught anything and good luck with your pregnancy. XX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular