Blighted Ovum

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:58 pm 
Post subject: Blighted Ovum
After problems with my early pregnancy (no bleeding, only pain and a suspected ectopic) I had a scan which showed a sac in my uterus. However at my second scan yesterday which is 7 weeks, I was told I had a blighted ovum. Although I understand what this means, could there be any chance that I am earlier than they thought and the baby is really there, or is it clear at this point if there is no baby? Just feel so upset as I have had no bleeding and no recent pain, and my hormone levels were normal (which I now know only relates to the placenta not the baby). I have asked to just let nature take it's course rather than have the procedure to remove it, but I still have hope that maybe there is a baby and they missed it. Any advice would help me so much right now.
Twinks
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya - I don't know whether this is going to help or anything but I had my first scan at 7 weeks and they could clearly see the baby, and his heartbeat
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I'm really sorry you're going through this. As far as I know when they've told you it's a blighted ovum that's pretty much it as it means there is no yolk in the sac. Maybe phoning the maternity unit again might be helpful. I am the same as Twinks and had a scan at 6 weeks and then again at 7 weeks cos I had some early bleeding and we saw a little blob and a heartbeat at 6 weeks and a sort of prawn shaped bigger blob at 7 weeks.
Best of luck and love to you,
xxx
Mistymoon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi millwallrose44
So sorry to hear what you are going through, sadly I know how you feel.
We went for our 12 week scan last Friday (1st preg) and found out that we have a missed miscarriage. I was the same as you and wanted to opt for nature to take its course, but after a few days thinking things through, I have decided to opt for the procedure which I've got to face in the next few days. As traumatic as this will be it will help us to move on, I can't deal with the uncertainty any longer. The Miscarriage Association website has some really helpful information and really helps to deal with all the emotions that you're experiencing. There is also lots to suggest that next time will be more successful. Big hug, I know how you are feeling. x Sad
welshnurse1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
Just like yourselves i had a missed miscarriage in Nov had all the signs of a healthy pregnancy with ++ sickness then had my 12 week scan which showed no foetal heart beat i was devastated, Originally i opted for mother nature to take its course, but when i slept on it i decided to go for medical management unfortunately this was not effective and i developed an infection and was readmitted to hospital and ended up having surgery. I am currently 6-7 weeks pregnant and have had x3 early scans the last showing a sac only and no yolk, have another scan booked for this Friday just incase there may be some hope and i maybe have got my dates wrong, Life sucks at the moment but i am trying to be positive and know exactly how you are all feeling. X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular