How long before TTC after Ectopic?

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:57 pm 
Post subject: How long before TTC after Ectopic?
Hi Ladies,
i need some advice. I had an ep (and right tube) removed 3 weeks ago with key hole surgery. How long should i leave it before we can try again? I was told to use condoms for a month in hospital, but there seems to be lots of conflicting advice.

Julie xxxx
misshopeful
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:56 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun,

sorry to hear about your ectopic. Sad

When i had mine i was told not to fall pregnant within 3 months. Never got told how long not to have sex for. But after my ectopic i was still bleeding 2 weeks later and was getting annoyed so i got on the pill to stop the bleeding. I would probably recommend if anything not to have sex for a month. Give your insides a chance to heal properly. But you can give it a go. Definitely would wait at least 2 weeks anyway. But each to there own. Good luck hun.

I can't believe how many people actually suffer from ectopics. Sad Sad Sad Sad

))))))))))HUGS((((((((((((((((
for you.

Take care.
misshopeful
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:39 am 
Post subject:
hi hun,
Sorry to hear for your ep, I had one in August 08 and also had my right tube removed, my dr advised me not to ttc for 3mths and my af was 4 weeks to the day after my ep removed. I would give your body time to heal as I was sore for a few weeks. I didn't have sex until after my first af.
Take care xxx
GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:42 am 
Post subject:
My sister in law had a tube removed and was told to wait 6 months, but I guess it depends on the individual. She already had a daughter and the doctor told her that her daughter must have come from the other tube because the one she lost had never developed properly. All the best hun xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular