PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:28 am 
Post subject: Pre school!
Hi everyone
Please can anyone offer me any advice?
I have a gorgeous little boy who will be 4 in october, he started pre school in september last year and I have never had a problem leaving him, not even on the first day, however today has been a different story, he was absoloutely hysterical and would not let go of me and was insisting he was coming home with me, I left him cuddling one of the teachers and have since spoke to the them and thay say he has settled, I left there an absolute wreck, it feels so wrong to leave them there when they are crying.
Any tips to help would be brilliant
Thanks xx

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:16 am 
Post subject:
In the end, who did it effect more, you or him??
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Huntermac, probably me more than him, just hate seeing him so upset it felt very wrong leaving him crying with someone else xx

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Princess

How was your son when you picked him up?

PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun he had enjoyed himself but was very quiet
I think he may be getting the flu though.
I had a 24 hour thing on saturday and when we got home he didn't want any lunch and just went to sleep on my knee (not like him) he woke up after an hour on fire, he was so hot bless him, I rang the docs but they didn't have a doctor available, so he has had some calpol (I was giving him an hour then taking him to the hospital). The calpol has helped and he now wants some tea so am just making him a bit of soup.
Thanks for asking, sorry for the long post, are you ok?
xx

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
Gld he isnt too upset =]

Im good - jst sat keeping an eye on the twins - there playing in their crech thing but im sure a fight with break out soon enough!

Bromley
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
this wont help any but there is hope...

when my son used to go to nursery he was ok till the doors opened then he would cry and one of the helpers used to take him. Every day for a fortnight he threw up on her, i could not apologise to her enough but she said once id gone hed run off and play and was laughing when i went to pick him up. Then all of a sudden he just stopped and even wanted to go on weekends, to this day i dont know why he was like it and the nursery staff said he wasnt the first and wont be the last. i just felt bad for the one he was always sick on Smile
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Bromley, all advice is greatly appreciated.
Best of luck with your pregnancy xx

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
PinkPrincess0981 wrote:
Hi Huntermac, probably me more than him, just hate seeing him so upset it felt very wrong leaving him crying with someone else xx

I was mainly asking because I will be facing the same thing soon with day care and like you I think I will feel guilty leaving if he is crying Sad We are just big softies a Very Happy I bet he enjoyed that special cuddle and nap with you after you picked him up, mums the best medicine when they not feeling well, that always makes me feel special. Hopefully things will turn out good like it did for Bromley, then they wont be able to get away from us fast enough Laughing Hope he is feeling better and have courage for the next pre school day!!!!
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi Huntermac
You are completely right about mums being the best medicine, he became quite poorly in the afternoon, we went to a&e and he was running a temp of 40 but thankfully this came down and with lots of cuddles (and some nurofen and calpol) he his feeling a lot better).
You will be fine when the time comes for your little one to go to pre school, you probably will shed a few tears and he might when you first leave him but he will love it, lots of new toys to play with and other children just like him.
xx

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:48 am 
Post subject:
Gosh 40 was high!! Poor wee dude Sad I spose they start picking xtra bugs up when they start day care or pre school type thing, oh doesnt that sound fun Shocked Glad he feeling better, be running you ragged again in no time Very Happy

Jump to:  

Community

Popular