Flying after Birth?

FirstTimeMummyx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:40 pm 
Post subject: Flying after Birth?
My partner wants to book Thailand for Christmas this year, the baby will be 2 months old at that time, is it safe for me and my baby to fly?

x FTM x
ecro83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:01 am 
Post subject:
My cousin has taken her baby to Italy at 3 weeks old on a plane. HOwever i dont know about Thailand with it being so far away and all. I also dont know what kidna palce that is to go with a child, but i take it you will be in a resort.
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
I took by bubba away a lot without any worries at all. All I would say is that when you give birth, you change ideas about some things. At two months, you may just be getting into a routine. Also, how do you plan to feed your baby? I breast fed and it was very easy to up and leave, however, trying to steralise and bottlefeed in Thailand might be a complete nightmare. Think about how hot it's going to be, whether you want a baby on a beach and how much you'll enjoy it waking every few hours to feed when you're confined to one room. So.... definately do-able but hard work.... would I recommend it? Not sure, definate pro's and cons.... if you do go, make sure that you know where the doc is based and go armed with calpol etc as it's hard to get in some parts of the world. Hope I've helped x
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
I went to Thailand a few years ago and it is an absolutely beautiful country. Whilst we were there we said that we would love to bring our kids there and I will definitely make sure that happens. However, I'm not sure I would at 2 months. The flight was so draining for us (14 hours) and I don't think we would have managed with a baby to cope with too. We went in November which was the start of the hot season and that was hot enough for us. Not sure how a baby would cope in the heat.

Hope this helps and if you do decide to go, hope you have a fantastic time x

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular