Tips for getting through a cold

newgirl2009
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:34 pm 
Post subject: Tips for getting through a cold
Hi there,

Does anyone have any tips for easing cild symptons. My sore throat has hopefully passed now but I'm still left with a stuffy nose and headache.

If it's not safe to take anything then I'll get on with it, but it would be good to know what my options are.

Any tips or advice?

Cheers.
lilsmurf
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
I know paracetemol is ok while pg, not sure of how many should be taken in pregnancy within 24 hours so best read the label. Drink plenty of fluids too. I'm afraid with a cold it's more riding it out xx

xKerrynx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hello & Welcome!! Very Happy There isnt much cold relief things you can take whilst pregnant. For me a nice bowl of warm water with some vicks in it worked wonders and cleared the air in the room and helped me breathe easier Smile x

hope25
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
hi,i think it may be a case of steam inualation and lots of fluids i work at a doctors and i do know that paracetamol is safe but i would try and ride it out if you can!! make sure you have plenty of rest and get pampered by oh..nice hot bath,hope u feel better soon. Smile
newgirl2009
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:26 am 
Post subject: Zelda from Terrorhawks and dealing with a cold
You've all got it pretty much sussed!

Phoned NHS Direct to be sure and they said paracetamol is the only thing I could take; had to go out and buy some as we normally go for the strong stuff - ibuprofen ha ha.

Need to get a thermometer though, couldn't give a sensible answer when asked what is my temperature other than 'a bit hot'.

Tablets ease the cold but for decongestant had to go back to basics i.e. head covered with towel and over a bowl of hot water.

Feel grotty and snotty like Zelda from Terrorhawks (anyone remember her!) - not a pretty picture at the mo.

On the up side have called in sick, have the house to myself and Sky TV.

Not up to doing much else.

Hope everyone else is o.k.
katvonb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:53 am 
Post subject:
i find drinking hot water with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a spoonful of hunny mixed in very soothing its completely natural and you get a lovely vitamin c boost from the lemon juice which in theory should help your immune system work better at shifting your cold . Oh and i dont want to start a debate but my doc says i can take cocodamol as i suffer with migraine. The only reason midwives dont like you taking it is because it can cause constipation which us ladies all know can be a real problem while pregnant x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular