Rant Alert!!! My next door neighbour is horrid!!

xstephaniex
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:16 am 
Post subject:
yeh i was about to say same as alady.....write down everything you do and say ur admitting to noise and as you have kids then its expected. this woman obv has had no kids - lonely old bag. anyone with kids understands and says no i never heard a thing. lol i do it all the time and my neighbours do the same to me. its hard when u have difficult neighbours.

sorry i dont have much more to say on top of what the others said. x
xKerrynx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:57 am 
Post subject:
Oh my goodness, im sat here in shock after reading that. What a horrible horrible lady, im not surprised your upset Sad Could you perhaps ask your oh to have a word if all else fails? You certainly shouldnt be made to feel like this in your own home, the other ladies have said what i was going to write. Big ((hugs)) xx

KinkyAngel
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
Awwwww thank you everyone you have made me feel so much better!!

I am sat here atm with no tv on and no kids in the house and I can hear her moving about!! The walls are so thin!!

I would love to make lots of noise to annoy her but it would annoy the neighbours the other side too and thats not fair on them!! I am gonna pop round to next door the other side to check the noise isnt too out of hand!! Just to make sure I am not losing it!!!!!

I have been keeping a diary since her first letter and have rang Environmental health a few times and they havent contacted me back at all!! I am seeing solicitor tomorrow so will ask their advice while I am there!!

She does have kids and her oldest son used to cause lots of problems which she herself admitted but he has now moved out! So its just her, her hubby and their 9ish year old daughter! Who is an pretty much an only child and I have never heard a noise at all from her!!

I know that we dont make any noise (other than OH snoring) after 11pm and before 7am and when we are doing DIY we made sure we didnt start til after 10am and finished before 7pm cause of the two little girls on the other side!!!

The dozy mare keeps on about banging but my friends 4 year old went upstairs when they popped round and she couldnt believe the noise of him on his own walking round this kids bedroom! So what do i do stop my kids playing in their room! I cant make 2 healthy happy boisterious (sp) boys sit and do nothing when they are at home!! I think its good that they are not watching TV doing nothing constantly!!!

Grrrrr this has turned into another novel!! Think its tiredness catching up with me as I havent slept cause of worrying about it!! Think I might grab half hour now before kids get home!!

Thank you again all!! Think my sanity would be very gone with out you all!!!

xxxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
Oh no hun thats' awful - some people aren't happy unless they are making someone else miserable.

You've have some good advice on here hun, another I would suggest is if she tried to talk to you I would tell her to stop and put it in writing and just walk away. As much as it might kill you not to bite back, it will kill her more that you have ignored her!

Good luck hun

xx

1sttimemummy09
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
That is absolutly rediculous, hows does she know about your partner and DNA stuff?

She sounds like a right biatch from hell. she should be on that programme, neighboursfrom hell!!

I think all the above advise is great and see what the police say about your injury!

Hope all gets better hun xx
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
I had a chat with my neighbour the other side tonight and he said that she had been round theirs today trying to get them onside! but they told her they didnt have a problem with me!!! I asked him to say if they did but he said they honestly dont!!! I had a new years eve party here and he said that they didnt hear that much then!!!

I am still worrying though and spent all evening telling the kids to be quiet and not make to much noise!!

Again thank you everyone
xxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
I know exactly what you're going through, the house I grew up in had the neighbour from hell, when I lived there as an adult with my husband it got even worse, we used to have to turn the car headlights off at night when we came into our drive and tiptoe about otherwise she'd run out onto her front lawn and hurl abuse at us. It all came to a head when she kicked my front door in at 8am on a Sunday morning for apparantly having sex too loudly (yeah right - at 8am on a sunday, I don't think so!) and I called the police who arrested her and we got an injunction out on her. You need to record every conversation, letter etc and then go and see a solicitor for harassment. In the meantime don't tiptoe around, live your life as normal and try and ignore the old bag. Good luck xxx

VickieAndSophie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
I am rubbish at advice, but keep your chin up.
Remember what goes around comes around.
Silly old bat LOL
XxX

toxicmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
Poor you!
I did some training with the Police not long ago and they can charge someone with assault even if they don't physically harm you - just from what they're saying.
Also, weak point in her 'my husband works nights' argument - surely your two are at school all day? Can't he sleep then???
She seriously needs to get a life!
Hope it settles down soon
x
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
Toxic - I wasnt sure on this as I put my hand out to stop them closing the door!! Dont know if you can help at all on that one!!

I have no idea what her problem is still but I just think she doesnt like having people with kids next door!!

I am going to keep a diary of any noise at all from her house! And also when I am out etc and when the kids not around too so she cant complain about constant noise from the boys!!

Ta again everyone! You are all stars! Big hugs to you all!

Kinky
xx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
hi there,
im would be going straight to a solicitor...this woman is clearly harrassing you and you do not have to put up with it..

i had a problem with a neighbour last year,she was spreading the most horrible stories about my son who was 6 at the time..this went on for a while,i went to a solicitor and was told to keep notes of everything..she came screaming at MY door then called police on ME Shocked i heard her screaming at my son one day and i lost it.. Embarassed
i ran outside 2 her and told her i had enough and wasnt puting up with it anymore..i told her if she said one more nasty thing about/to my son she wouldnt have a mouth left to be able to speak..she never said a word after that..when i turned around to walk back in2 my gate all the neighbours and kids were out watching. Embarassed
but it was def worth it 2 get her off my boys back..
toxicmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
I think if she is using language at any time that you perceive to be a threat to your safety she could be done for assault. Don't know about the door thing I'm afraid - but by the sounds of it that isn't the only time she's been threatening?

I suppose the thing is proving it - any witnesses would be handy!

Hope she goes away soon
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:19 am 
Post subject:
omg sounds terrible she should try living next to the lot here were i live then shed have somethin to complain bout. just like to mention i dont know wether ur arm would realy be advisable to bring up because it was infact you who pushed open the door on them he pushed back the door to shut you out so they could say!! for the fact that your other neighbers have no problm with you im sure theres something that someone could sort out your landlord realy should do something if your being harassed!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular