ruby grace 32wks

aj1986
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:39 pm 
Post subject: ruby grace 32wks
finally got 2 mins to post my story...........
well some of you might already know but i had a show at 28+6 then another show 2days later and some bleeding Shocked then suddenly i went into labour at 29+5 wks and my waters broke but luckily my labour was stopped and i was given steroids to strengthen her lil lungs just incase it started again, was then put on antibiotics but was in and out of hospital for the following 2wks with bleeding and put on bedrest.
bleeding stopped and i was sent home at 31 wks+5 then suddenly at 32wks i went into labour, i was only in labour for 5 hrs and ruby grace came into the world screaming the place down which was a relief Very Happy
she weighed 3lbs 11oz and was took straight down to the neonatal unit. i was discharged today but wil be going up a few times every day to c her, it was heartbreaking coming home without her but wil just have to take it day by day til she is wel enough to come home. she is breathing without help and had her first bottle feed today so is doing very well so far, just cant wait to have her home with us.
i would of posted a pic but i cnt figure out how to do it Laughing
(oh and can i just say a massive thanks to nicolaoasis who gave me lots of support over the past few weeks)
amy xxx wil keep u all posted wen i get chance and hope all ur babys r doin well Very Happy
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun just wanted to pass on my congratulations and to show my support i recently had mt baby at 31+4. She spent 4 weeks in special care and leaving her everyday was the hardest thing. I turned to the ladies of ask baby and they all helped and reminded me that she was where she needed to be. In the best place. Shes now been home for 2 weeks and is doing amazing, definatly worth the wait. Im sure it wont be long till ure baby is home!! Take care xx

aj1986
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
thanks louise, i just feel like i want her home to care for her its an awful feeling, but ive been expressing my milk for her like every 3 hrs n i think it just makes me feel useful lol glad to hear u got ur lil one home Smile take care and i wil keep u all posted x x x
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:37 am 
Post subject:
Oh my god, Amy, congratulations, i am over the moon for you, so glad she arrived safe and well Smile

She sounds as if she is doing so well thank goodness ! Smile I know its so hard leaving them isn't it ? But for the moment, she is in the best place and give her a couple of weeks to get her strength and weight up and she will be straight home to you Smile

The good thing is ( i think ) because she is in the neonatal unit, she is obviously put into a routine from day 1 because the midwives have so much to do. When we got Aimee home, she was a very happy and content baby and i think its due to getting them into a routine so quickly. Obviously we probably spoiled the routine a wee bit by giving her loads of cuddles and attention but to this day, she's just a happy and content baby and im sure Ruby Grace will be too.

Keep us updated when you have time and give her a big hug from her Auntie Nicola.

xx

PS How amazing is it to hear that first cry when you have a premmie baby ? Smile xx
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
This is so weird Ruby Grace was one of our names and we also had a 32 weeker on the 17th April. Congrats its a rollercoaster but you'll get there. Izzy was born 4lb 7oz we had a week on a NICU unit and a week and 3 days in scubu and came home last night it was amazing but the most frightning thing to. Congrats

aj1986
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
just a quick update, ruby is off all the machines now Very Happy still in the incubator coz she cant keep her lil body warm on her own yet but she is doin fantastic she is alternating her bottle feeds with the tube and has put on 9g. hopefully we wil have her home in a couple of weeks i cant wait...... in the meantime i am gonna just keep myself busy n take it day to day coz i miss her like crazy. but everyday she is improvin, hope all ur babys are doin well, ill keep u all posted Smile oh and nic that first cry was amazing hehe x x x
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:47 pm 
Post subject:
tinkerbelle wrote:
This is so weird Ruby Grace was one of our names and we also had a 32 weeker on the 17th April. Congrats its a rollercoaster but you'll get there. Izzy was born 4lb 7oz we had a week on a NICU unit and a week and 3 days in scubu and came home last night it was amazing but the most frightning thing to. Congrats

wow that is weird lol, izzy was a gd weight for 32 wks. hope she is doin well bet it was the best day of ur life bringing her home Smile take care
amy x
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:17 am 
Post subject:
aj1986 wrote:
just a quick update, ruby is off all the machines now Very Happy still in the incubator coz she cant keep her lil body warm on her own yet but she is doin fantastic she is alternating her bottle feeds with the tube and has put on 9g. hopefully we wil have her home in a couple of weeks i cant wait...... in the meantime i am gonna just keep myself busy n take it day to day coz i miss her like crazy. but everyday she is improvin, hope all ur babys are doin well, ill keep u all posted Smile oh and nic that first cry was amazing hehe x x x

Ah, im so glad she is doing so well Smile She's best still in the incubator just now because if she was having to keep her wee body warm then she would probably lose weight. Just think, she'll definitely be home with you for the end of May , how exciting xx
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:58 am 
Post subject:
i know i cant wait everthing is ready for her to come home Very Happy its my lil boy taylors 2nd birthday on the 28th may n we already arranged a party for him at the house...... bouncy booked and 30 kids coming Shocked hopefully we wil have her home for that so i can show her off to all the other mams haha xxx
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
Fingers crossed Smile Im sure she will def be home by then xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular