Winding problems

carol28
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:07 am 
Post subject: Winding problems
My Annie is 7 weeks old now, born 11 weeks early and has been home 2 weeks and I am loving spoiling her rotten with cuddles. She is such a good baby, she still hasn't mastered the art of crying but has had a few tries! She just grunts when she is not happy! Its lush.

The only problem I am having is that she is so windy, if I don't wind her for about an hour after her feed to get all her burps up and bottom burps out, she will be sick when I put her down. Through the day I can just pop her in her sling but at night its tiring when I want to put her to in her moses basket so I can sleep, also I am scared that I will fall asleep and she will be sick.

Has anyone else experienced this with their prem baby? Surprised

Carol
NicolaOasis
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
Aimee was like that for a while, i used to get up in the morning or for her night feed and she had been sick and her sheet on her moses basket would be wete because of it and i would feel so guilty Confused But as my husband said, you cant sit up all night just incase she is sick.

Aimee hasnt done it for months though so maybe its something they grow out of.

How is Annie doing anyway ? xx
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:03 pm 
Post subject: Winding
Hi Carol, I have had somewhat the same same problem with Nico who is 22 weeks old today (9 weeks corrected).
Nico used to grunt all the time ( we were told this was due to her CLD and because shes prem) now she just screams when she wants something.
She has had lots of problems with wind and we put it down to colic as she'd scream from 4pm till about midnight every night. we tried all sorts of meds including colief which does help get wind up. You get it from boots for 9.99 a bottle which lasts approx. a week or less depends on how you use it. I think you can use it from birth.
Nico has now been given meds for reflux which work a treat, Nico's hardly sick now and the screaming fits have stopped so we've weened her off the colief.

Hope this helps

Love Vicki & Nico
carol28
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Vicki

Thanks for your reply, luckily I am getting to grips with winding techniques that suit Annie, so its becoming alot easier.

I was wondering about the grunts and when they will change to crying. We have been spoilt that she is so good and rarely cries, what was Nico's corrected age when the crying started? I would be interested to know.Also the sickness has died down a bit too and just takes us by surprise every few days.

My health visitor said that we don't need to worry about her being sick in her bed and choking as only drunk adults tend to choke on their vomit, not babies - so that is reassuring.

Thanks for replying.
Carol x
louise55
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:08 pm 
Post subject:
my baby was 8 weeks early and ive also been having problems with her wind. Been using infacol and that seems to be doing the trick Very Happy

Nicosmummy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:32 pm 
Post subject: Winding
Hi Carol,
Nico used to do a little scream when she was -3. it was when she was home she started to cry more and grunt. she still does a grunt before the crying starts but likes to scream (she usually grunts as she starts to stir from sleeping). it was when she'd been home about 5 weeks so 6 weeks corrected that she started grunting less.
It says online that the grunting is if connected to CLD is the baby expanding their lungs and happens towards the lateral end of CLD. Also we were told on the ward that all prem babies are noisy.
Hope this helps
Vicki & Nico x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular