He doesnt want a baby!!!

LPearse
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 am 
Post subject: He doesnt want a baby!!!
Sad Help how do i convince my husband (2nd time married) that it would be great to have a baby...he 48 next month and i know where he is coming from but im so desperate to have a baby im 41 this year ...i have 18 and 16 year old...am i selfish to ask?
Sanje
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:24 am 
Post subject:
I don't think your being selfish, its natural to want to cement this relationship with a baby between you. It is however a hard ask on anyone in their 40's to begin again. Does he have children in his previous marriage?
I am trying to start again with my new love, he is 43, never had any and would really love one with me. I am now 47 and I have 4 ranging from 13 to 24 so its a big thing for me to try agian but I love him and I am willing to give it a go. If you are going to give it a go itsvery important to get on with it because at your age, its already very late. You have a much better chance tho. then me although I did in fact get pregnant but had a m/c at 8 weeks in Jan. You should however talk this thing thru with your hubby without arguing about it as you both need to be on the same page over it.
LPearse
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:08 am 
Post subject:
He has a boy from his previous she left him when baby was 18months old and it goes on!! he didnt see him again up until 2 years ago he now 19this year...He says if it happens it happens so im guessing he not totally off the idea but when we talk he doesnt want one but i think if it did happen i think he would be made up and make a brill dad..we tried over weekend which is my ovulation time! we see.....
Sanje
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
Well my dear that all sounds very positive really, maybe he is a little scared as he has been robbed of this whole experience once before. Best of luck to you both, I think he will be happy actually by the sounds of it and so will you.
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
just wanted to say good luck Smile i had Megan 4 months ago and im now 41 Confused i have 2 other daughters Mollie who is 15 in a couple of weeks and Emily who is 11. Im really enjoying it now shes a dream baby and i am so glad i had another baby now Smile
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
My dad is 'older' - he was nearly 42 when my sis (the youngest of 3) was born. He's now 69, tho you wouldn't know - we've 'kept him young' and now the grandchildren are doing the same! I guess getting into the mindset of parent again may be tricky. Best of luck with everything Smile
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Weeeelllll we have agreed Yippppee we on TTC this week oooh its exciting..will keep you posted..thanks for thinking about me..we had a good talk and decided to just go for it and if it does its brill for both of us and if it doesnt well its meant to be..but hey its fun trying!!!
xxx lots and lots of baby dust to all xxxxxxxxxxx
Sanje
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:56 am 
Post subject:
Happy for you, and wish you lots of luck and baby dust.
lyn1976
Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:27 pm 
Post subject: older parents
good luck x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Older Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular