Due Date - Going Crazy

Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:28 am 
Post subject: Due Date - Going Crazy
It's my due date today, though early in the morning. Not a sign that the boy is coming.

I'm going mad, though. I can't sleep, I haven't been able to for days. If it's not some pregnancy side effect (hip pain, heartburn, etc), it's my husband's incessant snoring or the scorching heat of the night.

To top it all off, they are starting some rail maintainance on the track right next to our house, so now we get trains at all hours stopping or whilstling as they go past. This morning a train with the loudest engine ever stopped at 1.15am and didn't leave until 1.45...but not before blowing the whistle of course. Then just 10 minutes later an even louder trian stopped outside the window!

I think I'm going insane...that's why I'm up at 2.30am... I'm exhuasted and I haven't even been through labour and the birth and the newborn baby's first days yet!
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:17 am 
Post subject:
i can remember being like you are, its a horrible feeling but i am sure its our bodys way of training us to be sleep deprived for when the baby finallly arrives. i am starting to get restless at night already hence being on here a 5am in the bloody morning ah well i will be a super organised mum today yipeee!!!!!
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:20 am 
Post subject:
Happy due date Dev!!! I know exactly what you mean, it's so frustrating not being able to sleep isn't it? Hope your baby arrives soon. I hate this waiting process, just want a baby now. Hope it doesn't go on for long for either of us. Poor you having to put up with the trains too. I live in the middle of the country, but still have trouble sleeping, so goodness knows how you are coping.

Hope you managed to sleep and can get some rest during the day.

Love LD
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:28 am 
Post subject:
oooo good luck Dev!!!
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:41 am 
Post subject:
Heyyy Dev...

I wish you a smooth day Very Happy and easy delivery
Katiemomma
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:38 am 
Post subject:
Fingers crossed for you - I can't imagine getting to my due date so it myst be frustrating to finally arrive at it and then for your little one to decide that they have other plans
CL
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:40 am 
Post subject:
hi Dev I know exactly how u r feeling cant sleep so feel tired all day but cant get comfy so cant sleep its a vicious circle. I've got plenty to do but just cant be bothered aaaaggghhhh xxxxxx
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:43 am 
Post subject:
Good luck and I hope your little one gets here soon. Its odd though to think that peoples due dates come and go and still no baby Confused I'm not sure I have the patience to wait for mine let alone longer. Anyway good luck again and hopefully you'll have some news for us soon.

izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:40 am 
Post subject:
Happy due date =D Still have some time for your little one to make an appearance today! Fingers crossed. =)

xxx

Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:52 am 
Post subject:
I doubt it will happen today, but thanks for the vote of confidence! It's funny, but I'm not as bummed out as I thought I would be. I'm a bit disappointed, but really I feel like oh well, it'll happen when it happens instead of expecting some timeline.

Went to the hospital today for a check up. First they found proteins in my urine, then they took another one and said that it was okay, but they're still going to send it for tests. The doctor seemed happy with everything that was going on and said everything was still normal...that's good.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular