Strange Taste

Twinks
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:32 pm 
Post subject: Strange Taste
Hiya I'm 35+5 weeks pregnant and for the last two days I have been getting a weird taste in my mouth - is this normal?!
cardea
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:35 pm 
Post subject: ohhhh....
What sort of taste is it ? I know you can get a weird metalic taste in your mouth, but i thought this was usually during early stages ? Maybe it is a surge of hormones at this stage ( i know, mine are raging on a daily basis ! )
Twinks
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:37 am 
Post subject:
It is kind of a metallic taste - and was aware that you get it in early pregnancy but not quite sure why I have it now ... Strange eh
alana123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:44 am 
Post subject: Hi!!!
It is a common condition for every pregnant woman. I too suffered from the same condition and still suffering. This is completely normal and continues until the end of first trimester.
Twinks
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
I am in the Third Trimester!
gingin
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:39 am 
Post subject:
i got it too - have resorted to lolly pops and cold drinks - its horrible isnt it ??? am in week 11/12 - you dont want to know how many wishes/prayers etc i have done that all this taste sickness finishes soon !!
also i know it may sound daft but have you seen a dentist recently ? my other half is a dentist and apparently its the biggest problem in pregnant women you should see your dentist or hygienist regularly - believe it or not it has been proven that oral health is a factor in the birth weight and premature babs !! do you have any amalgam/regy fillings ??
so many things to remember - !!
if its any consolation though i am [*@!#%*] with my teeth and wont go unless theres a problem it drives J nuts !!
it may be a factor ?? possibly worth asking ?
xx
Twinks
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:45 am 
Post subject:
It's not nice, but it only lasted two days, so I won't moan! aha.

I havn't been to the dentist through the whole of my pregnancy, as I can't travel. I have no problems with teeth really - no fillings or anything.

I'm just happy that it has passed now! Smile ... Thanks for your reply x
gingin
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:01 am 
Post subject:
you lucky thing that its passed ! good on you for having such good teeth - you'll be glad to know that apparently your child is likely to follow you on that front - he/she should have good teeth too
xx
Twinks
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:04 am 
Post subject:
I hope he follows me cause his fathers teeth are terrible haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular