is ultrasound 100% correct?

Quin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:25 am 
Post subject: is ultrasound 100% correct?
i'm now 22 week, last week i went for check up and doctor tell me that i'm havin a boy ( coz saw the penis and testical ), but some of my friends tell me that maybe wont 100% correct, when deliver maybe will turn to a girl, is that true ? Shocked Confused
hei
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:49 am 
Post subject:
hallo
it has hapend they sed you having a boy end you hav a girl
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:10 am 
Post subject:
it can be woring but not very often and i think its normally the other way around, i think sometimes they think its a girl because they can't see the bits, but if they actually saw them then i guess they can't be wrong
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
yer they can be wrong but usually r rite.

think if youve seen the bits then its a boy.

my mam was told she was having a girl and had a girl with her next one she was told a boy and it was a boy then my sis was told a girl and it was a girl.

i was told 60% that it was a girl becuase she had her legs crossed so they couldnt tell but she was a girl! so i think if they had any doubts they wud let u no like they did wiv me

slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:15 pm 
Post subject:
When i had my scan they were really confident it was a boy and i had to have an amnio and you get a definite answer with that anyway.

I think the reason they say it's not 100% is because people will try and sue them if they get it wrong.

Like Laura said, if the baby has it's legs crossed then it's going to reduce the chances of being 100%.

In this day and age i think the hospitals just want to cover themselves.

CollegeMommy
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
Yep its a Boy...there is no mistaking the boy parts, had they told you it was possibly a girl i would have a lil doubt..But Boy Parts are more obvious....Congrats Is this your first baby? I want a boy did u plan this pregnancy?
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:09 pm 
Post subject: xx
think most time there rite but now and then they get it wrong...im having a boy but never saw his bits on the screen so hope midwife was right lol x
Quin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:52 am 
Post subject:
yup, this is my first baby, but mostly they told me that if the fetus leg is cross, the percentage of having a boy is 50%-50%, but if have spread the leg and saw the bits then the gender is sure.......

by the way, thanks for all the reply and advice, i've wait for this baby for 3 years and now i got him, i'm very happy .......... yahoo !!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations.

hope all goes well for you:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular