Midwife?

GemmaB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:03 am 
Post subject: Midwife?
Hi.
Im 7 weeks pregnant and still haven't heard from my midwife yet. I have a 5 year old daugher and I'm sure I had been contacted by the midwife by 7 weeks. I'm not sure because it's my second pregnancy that they don't rush into appointments as quickly as if it was my first. If anyone is in the same boat or knows how things work, I'd really like to hear from you..
Thanks Gem
babyfallon
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:56 pm 
Post subject: Hi
I didn't see my midwife untill i was 16 wks !! and im a first time mum. I understand that this isn't normal she did have to rush me in for certain appointments.
I have to say i find my antenatal care rubbish and feel very let down by my midwife.

Hope all goes well

Kellyx
icejems7
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
I went to the Dr at 5wks and he said the midwife would contact me. After 2 weeks I made an appointment myself with the midwife as I hadn't heard from her. When I saw her (at 9weeks then) she said when she came to contact me she saw I'd already made my appointment so she didn't get in touch before seeing her. I've just had my scan date through for 12 weeks so very excited.
My advice is book a 45min slot in the midwife's clinic if you haven't heard by about 7-8wks for 9-10wks and that should be fine, always better to be pro-active and saves them a job!
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, i had to make my first midwife appointment for 10 weeks. Which was abit dissapointing because with pregnancy the first 12weeks are the most important. But all is going ok (im 18 weeks now).

I did get a doctors appointment at 8 weeks just to ask what i can and cant do, so if your worried do that.

Hop your ok x x
Twinks
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:41 am 
Post subject:
I had my notes done at the hospital when I was around 6 weeks pregnant - I never actually seen my midwife until I was 20 weeks, which I was very annoyed about. I had to do all the chasing myself .. even booking in for scans

If you feel like it's taking too long, contact the hospital or your midwife, hopefully yours won't be as bad as mine!
GemmaB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:12 am 
Post subject:
Thanks everyone!
I think I will give it another week then contact them. By the sounds of, there is no given rule as to when they contact you. I'd like my scan date through! Smile
I'm 7 weeks gone and starting to show, is anyone else yet?!

Gem x
sozzle
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Gemma - my doctor arranged my dating scan and contacted midwife to arrange first "booking appointment". I think i was lucky in this regard. However, i have to book and organise every appointment and scan from here on in. I would definitely give midwife a call or go back to GP and ask them to advise you on how to organise scan/midwife appointment. Im so glad to hear that someone else is starting to show early. I am 9 weeks and i have a definite "tummy". Normally i could put this down to eating too much but ive not eaten very much recently due to nausea!! Also tummy is different shape to normal excess Very Happy . How are you feeling? Im still getting cramps/twinges which make me panic all the time that somethings wrong!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular