Pregnancy of Unknown Location

applepip
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:58 pm 
Post subject: Pregnancy of Unknown Location
Hi ladies, just wanted to share my story with you in case there were any of you going through what I went through.
In Oct last year I was suffering with a second "period" in two weeks, so I went to my GP. She thought it was probably just my body adjusting to coming off the pill, but to to be on the safe side check I wasn't pregnant. To my surprise the test was positive and I was 5 weeks.
Things were obviously wrong, but apart from the bleeding I had no other symptoms - no pain etc. Blood tests showed my HCG levels to be in the 1600s, but two days later they were 1700 (should double every 48hrs in normal pg). I was referred to my local EPAU who scanned me for evidence of a yolk sac or feotus but there was nothing in my womb. The assumption was that it was an EP but I had none of the classic symptoms. Surgery was therefore not necessary and I was classed as a PUL (Pregnancy of Unknown Location). For the next 8 weeks my HCG levels were monitored every 48hrs and they began to fall. Not rapidly (they normally half every 48hrs with MC) but very very slowly. I never imagined that I would ever want a negative as much as did in that time - it was awful.
My levels finally gave me a negative on New years eve, and the bleeding stopped. I had a normal cycle the following month, and fell pregnant in Feburary. I am 15+2 weeks pregnant and all is normal. Very Happy
For any of you going through something similar, I understand that is the most heart wrenching experience, and not knowing exactly what has or is happening is very difficult. However, hang in there! There is always hope as I would like to think my story proves!
Good luck
xx
louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for sharing applepip Very Happy Its always so nice to hear a positive outcome.

Congratulations on your pregnancy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Take care

Lou Lou xxxx

My Adoption Journal...
http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=115215
louise55
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
wow that must have been so hard for you. so glad everything has worked out. Take care Very Happy x

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi applepip,
I'm sorry - i missed your post somehow! Thankyou for sharing your story, and congratulations on your pregnancy.
Please keep popping on to se us and offer advice, as there are ladies that may be in need of it.

julie xxxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular