Hi

widat
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:16 pm 
Post subject: Hi
My name is widat, and i am a new member and just wanna share my joy of being pregnant after 9 years. i went for a scan today and a bit worried when they told me they could see a sack in the womb but cannot see a baby yet. i am very worried and please could someone tell me if at 8 weeks, can you see anything in the tummy like a heart beat or anything at all or is it too early and i am worrying for nothing. i will be going for the 12 weeks scan middle of july. I am praying that all is ok and will be ok.
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there. I had what is known as a blighted ovum, where the egg fertilises but never implants else the baby grows but then dies and is reabsorbed, which was diagnosed at almost 8 weeks. On the scan all that can be seen if this is the case is a larger than average gestational sac (anything over 20mm). At 8 weeks you should be able to see a little bean shape with a heartbeat, but it is very possible that your dates are wrong and so are earlier than you think. I am surprised that your hospital have not offered you another scan at 12-14 days as this is standard when you do not see a clear fetus on a scan so if I were you I would get onto your gp or hospital and ask for a scan then. It's not right to make you wait that long for a scan. I hope everything turns out ok for you.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:53 am 
Post subject:
i had an early scan at 6 weeks and 6 days and cud see a heartbeat.

you may be earlier than you think you are and i think aswell the hospital should have offered you another scan sooner.

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:59 am 
Post subject:
yep, agree with the other ladies - if they think you are 8 weeks you're little bean should be there - if it isn't they should really be scanning again in 2 weeks at the latest to re-check, as its likely your dates are wrong.
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:22 pm 
Post subject: thank you
Thanks ladies for your replies. they told me to come this week but i am scared to go, i will go on my 12th week scan. i do hope all will be ok. i am so worried still, but i wont let it bother me. yes, i do have my 12th week scan coming up , but hasnt come thru the post yet. it should be around the 15th of july. please pray for me everything ok. the experience i had with the stenographer was not nice. she was not helpful or reassuring. just like a robot really. i find that more upsetting than anything else.
well, once again thank you ladies. will let you know about the scan when
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
if they thought something was wrong i am sure they would have told you and got you in for another scan asap, i am sure it must be your dates

fingers crossed for you
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:00 pm 
Post subject: sad news
Hi Ladies,
I have some very distressing news i had a miscarriage and i am so devastated about it. it was so unexpected. i am so sad and confused and i just dont know what to say to my little boy. its so hard i went for a dnc procedure today and i am so tired and still in pain. its so painful and hard i tell you. i just dont know what to do and i feel really sad, my bump is gone, i had quite a big one. anyway got to go need plenty of rest. take care
bye
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:04 pm 
Post subject: xx
sorry 2 hear ur sad news...tc of yourself forts are with u x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
Widat I am so sorry for your loss. I was really hoping as we did not hear from you that it turned out ok else you were waiting for a scan. It is a horrible time, but especially after waiting 9 years. Make sure you grieve and take time to heal, and if you decide to try to concieve again I wish you luck.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:39 am 
Post subject:
im really sorry about ur news. hope you are coping ok and hope to hear from you soon.

rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:27 am 
Post subject:
im so sorry for your loss widat. xxx Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular