Not new but back again after a year!

Tinkermoo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:34 pm 
Post subject: Not new but back again after a year!
Thought I should introduce myself again sine the people I did know on here a year ago are all gone now I think.

My name is Jody, I'm 23 and I have a lovely OH who is very supportive and want's a child as much as i do (which i'm told is rare!) we have been TTC on and off for a year and so I was on here for a bit before. Nothing happened but now were at the point were we want to try properly!

I can't wait to have a little baba, I know I was mean to be a mum and a young mum too, I get really annoyed when people say 'your too young to start having kids' 'go live your life' 'have you thought about all the responsibility?' You are NOT me, you think I have not thought about this for the last year of my life? *sigh* /end rant

Anyway Hi!! I've already posted a bit of the TTC forums but just thought i'd post here too, would love to meet anyone around my age in a similar situation so I don't feel so alone (I know no-one who is TTC or preggers in my friends.

Thanks!
Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, welcome back! My names Kerryn, im 20 and mummy to Ruby 4 1/2 months
Good luck TTC, i hope you get your bfp soon Smile x

Tinkermoo
Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kerryn, thank you for the reply:) Did you decide to have a baby or was it a surprise? Did you have any issues like I mentioned in my post about being young?
Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:11 pm 
Post subject:
it was a big surprise when i found out i was pregnant, we had been using contraception so it took a while for it to sink in! A few people were a bit negative about me being young but i took it with a pinch of salt because their opinions didnt matter to me because we were happy. Ruby has changed my life so much, i never thought i could love someone so much and i dont regret a thing! is your oh the same age as you? x

Tinkermoo
Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:55 am 
Post subject:
That's great to here Kerryn, I've had a lot of negative feedback and my mum is still not quite excited yet but she's just worried because she had me at the same age as I am now (23) and my dad left when I was a toddler, I'm sure she will come through when she see's the new baba:)

My OH is 28, 29 this year so a bit of a gap but not too much. My dad was the same age as my mum and definitely not ready for a baby (I was an accident!) so it's a completely different situation as we have discussed it and are actively trying and my OH is not as immature as my dad was! haha.

Sorry life story there! Smile
Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:36 am 
Post subject:
hi and welcome back.

PrincessK
Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi welcome back, i'm 23 and I really hate that when people say that to you I get that all the time especially from my friends and work colleagues!!! I'm too much of a mumsy family person and me and my Phil are so ready to have our little family now well hopefully we'll be there as I'm 6 weeks pregnant and hoping this pregnancy will be safe and ok I think when you know you know really
well welcome back anyway hun
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mom2b2009a
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
hey welcome back and good luck with ttc
Newcomer
Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
I was 20 when i had my wee boy, i'm 24 now and trying again. Everyone around me was disappointed when i fell pregnant and my mum actually stopped speaking to me properly for a while. As soon as i had my son, everything changed and everyone was overjoyed. It's a difficult thing but if you know you're ready then that's all that matters. I don't regret it for a second, was the best thing ever to happen to me. Best of luck to you, keep us updated. xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular