Needing some moral support!

icejems7
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:59 pm 
Post subject: Needing some moral support!
I span my car on some black ice yesterday and ended up doing a 180 and in the werge, really shaken up but no damage to myself and fortunately only bodywork damage to the car. The thing is that I don't really know anyone where we live and haven't even told my work I'm pregnant yet as we're waiting for the dating scan so I don't have anyone to talk to. We're telling our parents on the weekend after mother's day as our first scan is on the 5th March. I'm currently 10wks exactly and so it's too early to listen for a heartbeat apparently so it looks like I've just got to wait another 2 weeks for the scan to check that baby is all ok. I'm feeling really emotional as my husband is really upset and worrying about the cost of fixing the car and I have my qualifying exam next week that I am trying to revise for, it all just seems so much to deal with and now I'm extra worried about baby. I have spoken to the midwife and she thinks baby will be ok but I just don't know and I can't bear the thought to going to our scan to find out bad news. I haven't had any bleeding and am just feeling a little sore down one side of my body and around my tummy a bit, just like a muscle ache nothing more, but I am still concerned and can't do anything Sad
So, I feel much better for having posted this and just getting stuff off my chest. Smile If anyone fancies getting in touch just to chat about pregnancy etc that would be really nice as I am feeling pretty alone right now and have really enjoyed reading other posts on here. I'm due around 17th Sept (fingers and toes crossed) and it's my first pregnancy so there are loads of questions and things that puzzle, confuse and worry me so it would be great to hear that I'm not alone!!!
Marien
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:08 pm 
Post subject: You're not alone!
Hi, I just read your post. I'm 33 and 12 weeks pregnant with 1st baby (1 previous miscarriage). There are LOADS of us to chat to on here about heaps of things so if you feel lonely just log on and if you have any questions ask away! Everyone on here seems happy to help in any way they can, personally I am happy to answer any questions you may have, I will always be honest and tell you what I think if it helps, and if I don't know the answer I will also tell you! I am due 5 Sept. Look forward to hearing from you, be of good cheer, you are NOT alone! Love Marien xx Smile
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Icejems - I am 40 and having 3rd baby due 3/10/2008 - 2 m/c in last 5 months!! Poor you, hope you soon feel a little better. Good idea to have spoken to the midwife but if you feel any worse maybe worth booking a GP appt and talking your worries through with them they may even send you to Early Pregnancy Unit to make sure everything is ok. There are lots of people on here to talk to and someone always has some good advice, I have found it brilliant. Take care Flossie xx
erj74
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
Well all need someone to talk to sometimes - especially when are bodies (and our emotions) are going through all this! Its also doubly difficult for the first part of pregnancy as you can't really talk to anyone around you. I would have a chat with your GP about your worries - I had to go the an Early Pregnancy Unit for a scan at 7 weeks and I heard the heartbeat then so I would check that side of things out, I think it would help put your mind at rest.

I'm 26 weeks now , due the end of May and still worrying like crazy about all sorts of things but it does get easier Very Happy try and focus on all the lovely stuff you have to come.

xx
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, im mikhaela im 21 and am 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby.

Im sorry to hear about your accident and am glad your ok. The pains your getting may just be the stretching pains which are normal in early pregnancy, its just your baby making room for him or her to grow. I think your baby will be fine especially as you havent had any bleeding.

Try and be positive and revising may actually help take your mind of worrying.

Im here to talk to if you want a chat and il try and help answer any questions you may have. xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi IceJems, I'm Claire and 19 weeks pregnant with my first baby too. I would maybe suggest speaking to your mum if you're close and telling her about the pregnancy and all the things that are worrying you about the car accident, exams etc. Mums are good at that kind of thing just like we all will be too! We wanted to wait until xmas to tell our parents but ended up telling them earlier as I had some early bleeding and the support we got from our parents was fantastic and we didn't feel so alone. Like other people have said, your baby is probably fine if you haven't had severe pain or bleeding but it might be an idea to contact the GP who could get you an early scan and that would put your mind at rest. We're all here with our moans, groan and bizarre questions if you ever want people to chat to! xxxxx
gingin
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:20 am 
Post subject:
i just wanted to say that this forum has helped me sleep better at night ! last night i got stabbing pains in my side - i remembered what i read on here and i didnt panic - they lasted through the night but eased this morning - i still have morning/all day sickness and now getting plagued with depression - it seems that everyone takes you quite seriously when your pregnant and i am overwhelmed by the support even my mum calls every day to check all ok - given that i live in a foreign country all i can really say is its good to talk
ICEJEMS - your not alone and no matter how small or big your worry i bet there is someone on here who knows about it - take care and we are all here if you need to talk
i am on msn with one of the girls i made friends with - we call each other "pregnant pen friends" we are both at the same stage and it so helps just to have someone along side !
xx
icejems7
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:56 am 
Post subject:
Thanks to eveyone here, I feel so much better having just voiced how I'm feeling and you have all reassured me so thank you again Very Happy

Hope all your pregnancies go well, take care and look forward to hearing from you all on the forum soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular