Fingers crossed AGAIN!

tickleme
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:27 pm 
Post subject: Fingers crossed AGAIN!
Hi all
Thought i would leave a message to see if anyone has got any advice.
My oh had a vasectomy just over 2 years ago. . We had it reversed last october but we got our results back today and its shown negative and that there has been a 'blow out' didnt really have chance to ask the doctor on the phone what it all meant as i was still in shock, . But i did hear the word IVF which scared the hell out of me. . . Also tryin to put a brave face on for my OH as he is in pieces about it all. . . Im we av all asked why us but think i need to stay positive. . Any advice would be appreciated as iv posted a few on here but had no success as yet. . . Thanks a lot and good luck to you all x x x
xxSUExx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:03 am 
Post subject:
hi, I would try & talk to the doctor. It is unusual that there was no sperm after only 2 years since having the initial vasectomy, unless of course he was infertile before the op & you never realised? Goodluck xxxx
Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:46 am 
Post subject:
I really hope you manage to get soe answers. Wish I could advise but we are still waiting for my ohs sperm test. xxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi tickleme, I replied on your other posts but incase you missed it i have pasted the reply here:

I know exactly how you feel. I had the same news, my Oh had a reversal in september 11 years after his original vasectomy, his sperm count at 7 months post reversal was zero, so he too had a blow out.

We were devistated for a few days and it still hits me like a ton of bricks from time to time but we quickly picked opurselves up and requested an ICSI referral from our GP.

It took about a month for the appt to come through and we are starting treatment straight away with my next cycle.

The chances of finding sperm in the testicles is very high with failed vasectomy patients since the reason for having none in their sperm is obstructive ir no exit route for the swimmers.

You will have to have ICSI where they inject a single sperm into each egg, the sperm recovery can be called TESA PESA MESA or SSR - all pretty much the same thing.

Costs at clinics vary hugely, we chose out clinic at BAth because they charge less for the SSR. Check out the HFEA website, you can search out clinics near you that offer SSR and ICSI.

Cost wise you are looking at 4-6k for a cycle, if you are lucky and can have some extra embryos that you can freeze you can have these put back in an FET (frozen embryo transfer) which costs 500 - 1000.

We thought we could never afford this but a quick call to the bank and we borrowed 5.5k hopefully this will allow us one fresh cycle and a FET.

Good luck, look after eachother, it is soooo important to keep talking to each other. My OH was devistated but we are getting through it.

Please check out the vasectomy reversal and IVF /ICSI threads under the IVF & sterilisation reversal section on here - there are lots of us vas reversal ladies and we all support each other.

Sorry for the huge post Please keep me posted on how you are doing
October 2010 2nd ICSI, short protocol BFN
trying to raise funds for round 3, hoping to cycle august 2011
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular