Pregnancy notes/anti-natal appointment 35 weeks

booter
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:49 pm 
Post subject: Pregnancy notes/anti-natal appointment 35 weeks
Hi ladies,

I had my 35 week anti-natal appointment today and in the section where it says weeks and days she put 35 but in the height of the uterus she put 36. So does that mean that I'm 36 weeks?

I was surprised to find out that he's not yet engaged as I've been feeling alot of pressure on my pelvis and having the odd abdominal cramp but she said thats because of the hormones being released and my pelvic area preparing for birth.
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi it means that you are 35 weeks but measuring 36 weeks..might be a little bigger than average, dont panic though as this is very very common. Good luck Flossie xx
booter
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:02 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks flossie. He is big. Even from my 20 wk scan they put him slightly above average (by a week or so).
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:06 pm 
Post subject:
Yes I had the same thing my 'little boy' weighed 9 pounds 8 ounces and was 60cm long - I am only 5 foot 3 and he was a bit of a shock!!! Hoping my next one wont be quite as big..Flossie xx
mummy2be1
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:06 pm 
Post subject:
ay thats a good thing madam! at least your baby is growing nice and healthy

Well Done!!

xxx
Twinks
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:01 am 
Post subject:
Hiya - Do you know I actually didn't notice that on my notes! I found out yesterday he is coming up for 6lbs .... I have 3 weeks and 6 days left so this means he will probably be around 8lb OUCH!
gingin
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
hey your all having giant melons !!! oh girls you all frighten me LOL - thats a heck of a weight but seems quite standard these days
keep us all posted your all nearly at the finish line now - time for curries etc
love
g
booter
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks all.

Feeling a bit low at the mo, my dog passed away yesturday eve so the waterworks have been doing overtime Sad

I think I'll ask my MW on my next 2 week appt what she thinks he weighs because my sil's baby weighed 6lbs 15oz and her tummy was alot smaller than mine even when she was full-term. I guess it could be amniotic fluid?
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
Sad Oh so sorry about your dog - I am a big animal lover and its awful. Some ladies definitely show more than others my friend had a baby the same day as me, I was so big I couldnt drive as my tummy was so big and my legs so short lol lol Shocked my friend meanwhile looked gorgeous with a tiny little bump so tiny she was still in regular jeans (buttons undone with a belt)!!! Her baby was still a healthy 6.5 pounds - granted mine was 3 pounds heavier but there was a huge difference between us...good luck with baby sounds like a nice chunky monkey, will give you plenty to cuddle, there is nothing quite like it. Flossie xx
Twinks
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:37 am 
Post subject: Booter
I only got to find out the weight because I had an ultrasound scan, I'm not sure if your midwife can tell you - but ask because it's nice to know!!! Hope you're having a big baby aswel so it's not only me! aha
cardea
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:19 am 
Post subject: babys weight
Hi ! I have had lots of problems with the measuring thing and my midwife has scared me alot. At 34 weeks i was measuring as 38cm- but the locum midwife had a feel of the baby and said he was a normal size and she was putting the 4 week difference down to the fact that i had a high BMI to start with. At 36 weeks i was measuring as 39 weeks and my normal midwife said i was having a huge baby ( which scared the life out of me ! ) and refered me to the hospital for 5 days later for a 2nd opinion with a doctor. At the hospital, a midwife AND doctor both measured me as 37cm ( which made sense as i was then 37 weeks ) had a feel of the baby and reassured me that the baby would be a good healthy weight, but not too big and nothing to worry about. The doctor even wrote that he had 'no clinical concerns regarding the babys size' in my notes which reassured me as well.
However, yesterday, i saw my usual midwife again for a 38 week check up and even though i told her how it had gone and she read the comments made by the midwife and doctor at the hospital, still insisted that i was going to have a 'monster sized baby'.
This is my first baby, due in less than 2 weeks now and she knows that i was suffering so badly from anxiety attacks for the first 6 months that i was having private cognitive behavoural therapy to keep my nerves down. I am trying to listen to hte doctor and midwife at the hospital appt and ignore the comments my midwife is making as she seems to be contradicting what everyone else has said. If it turns out to be a 10lb heffer, then i will eat my knickers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Twinks
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:35 am 
Post subject:
I think the baby would eat them for you!! haha

My consultant measured my baby wrong, and said he was small - so had to have growth scan and go to hospital to double check, the DR and the midwife at the hospital said he measured absolutely fine - then a week later I had my antenatal check with my own midwife who had no concerns about the growth.

Went for my ultrasound scan on Tuesday and the babies size is bang on. Some people measure them incorrect and make you worry like mad - I really wish they wouldn't because I don't think they understand how much you end up worrying about it.

If I was you I would go with what the DR and the Midwife at the hospital said! x
cardea
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:54 pm 
Post subject: twinks
Hi,

Thanks for the reply - yes, i think you are right, my midwife does not seem to realise how much the worry over this has caused my anxiety to rocket - i will get my baby to eat her !

I am going to go with the advice from the hospital as they seemed to know what they were talking about. My midwife just wittered on about how well her husband is doing on his new diet - 'i'm really not intrested in your husband' i wanted to shout !!!!!! I just want my medical checks doing and sound advice to be given thanks !!!!!!! Silly midwife !

Thanks agian ! XXXX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular