SMOKING!!

babydoll101
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:08 am 
Post subject: SMOKING!!
Hello,

Im really trying to stop smoking and i have been using nicotine patches as the doc said its better to use them rather then smoke, im doing well but they make me feel soooo sick, they make me realy weak and dizzy and feel like im going to be sick, has anyone else had these problems or any tips on giving up?

I do feel so guilty becouse iv always said i would never smoke durinng pregnancy i feel bad for my baby and want to quit.

[/url]
taramascara
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:12 am 
Post subject:
I gave up quite easily using the inhailer i had the patches but they didnt really work 4 me they just made my skin really itchy n sore!!!! The inhailers taste discusting but they really do give u that hit of nicotine wen u really need it and they r also good coz they give ur hands something 2 fiddle with Embarassed LOL Just my experience Hope u give em up soon Good luck Very Happy XX
Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:11 am 
Post subject:
When i found out i was pregnant i cut down and found that extremely hard. Once id been for my scan i was more determined to quit. There is lots of support out there, giving up is the best thing ive done Very Happy x

babydoll101
Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you both for replying, i have my scan tomorrow, and i have been kinda saying ill do it properly when i go for my scan. so maybe ill try the inhailer, i didnt think that would work, but i suppose everything is worth a try.

Thank you girls Smile xxx

[/url]
babydoll101
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:56 am 
Post subject:
Just to let everyone know, The docter told me patches are really dangerous for your baby and you shouldnt be using them. does anyone know any pregnancy safe ways to help stop?
xx

[/url]
littlewren
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Lucky for me i gave up 3 months with a litle help from patches ago before i fell pregnant - i am now off the patches and not missing cigs at all Laughing
XfionaX
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:04 pm 
Post subject:
myfriend is trying to quit but finding it hard, her doc said its better to have roll ups as its the chemichals in the cigarettes that harm the baby and they are not in tabbacco??! not sure if its right but thats what she said she was told...hope it helps! Confused
babydoll101
Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:39 am 
Post subject:
Thank you for the advice, i tried cutting down to the lowest tar cigerettes, i never knew tabacco was better, im going to try give up but if i really need one i know what to buy now, thanks hun xx

[/url]
VickyAndJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:47 am 
Post subject:
i always said that i would give up as soon as i got my bfp, i ended up cutting down to one a day but in the end about 7 weeks pg i just decided enough was enough it wasnt good for my baby and i stopped! i am so glad that i just did it and to be honest after the first couple of days it was easy. i just kept thinking of my baby.

I am quite a weak person but just decided it was time to be strong!

xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular