Can't get him to sleep during the day in a cot or all night

Squidge10
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:20 pm 
Post subject: Can't get him to sleep during the day in a cot or all night
We have been having trouble with our son's daytime naps for 7 months now. When he was 3 months old he decided that the world was far too exciting to go to sleep during the day so would only have 30 min cat naps.

Now we have got to the stage where he is on the move and needs more sleep but is just one getting it. He will not give in! We used the controlled crying method along with a solid bedtime routine to help him sleep a bit better during the night but he still only sleeps about 8 hours and wakes at 5 am still tired.

He only seems to be able to sleep for about 30mins twice a day but he obviously needs more. I have tried most things but they don't seem to be working. Driving in the car controlled crying in his cot and out in the pushcair. The only way he will sleep during the day is on my lap on the sofa, we will sleep quite happily for nearly 2 hours. This is not the way I want to carry on but he will not settle for any longer than 30 mins in is cot in the day.

I was wandering if the daytime problems are having an effect on the nighttime? Has anyone found a way to help to stretch out the time of daytime naps? Any help would be much appreciated, I not what to try next.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular