12 week scan - GOSH!

Marien
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject: 12 week scan - GOSH!
Hello! Just had my 12 week scan and it is a mini-person - GOLLY! I was expecting to cry or something but I ended up laughing my head off as the baby was moving LOADS and when the sonographer poked the scanner into my tummy you could see Bump's little arms and legs pushing back. They had to get me to cough and bounce Bump into a better position so they could see the Nuchal fold fluid more clearly (which is low risk so that's a relief) and they jiggled my tum to "encourage" Bump to move which he/she (still trying NOT to say "it") did! Then she/he started folding up her/his legs (and then suddenly straightening them again) and catapulting him/herself around inside me! I was astonished! I am SO impressed that they can move so much so early (apparently it is quite common) - WOW! I'm going to be black and blue as Bump gets bigger! Laughing

Would love to hear how other people's scans have gone...Marien xx
Twinks
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:52 am 
Post subject:
Hiya - It's so nice when you go for scans - it makes it more realistic if that makes sense. I went for a scan on Tuesday I was one day off 36 weeks and it was so surreal, you could see his foot and everything - didn't get to see his facial features though as he was looking down, probably like 'wow theres a world out there' - would of loved to though as I bet they will be very defined by now Smile
joliver
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi i went for my 12 week scan on Monday - i didnt have enuf to drink so my bladder was quite empty (she wasnt impressed the scanner)

We are made up to see the little heart going (as i had a miscarriage last july and never got this far)

he/she looked huge to what i thought it would look like - they told me i was 13 weekls 5 days so now im 14 weeks - 6 weeks til next scan cant wait to see it more clearer when i have a fuller bladder ha ha

Jo
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:45 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya my 12 week scan was so much better then the 20 week lol. at the 12 week he was moving waving kicking i was amazed at the 20 week he just layed there lol the midwive tryed poking him for im 2 move but he just kicked back as 2 say leave me alone im sleepin lol. but i was still amazed. im due 21st june and carnt wait that long 2 see my lil man again so im gettin a 4d san done gl all with your pregnancys xx
Marien
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:23 pm 
Post subject: 4D scan
Hi Ladies! I've just read about 4D scans online and I think its a GREAT idea! It must be SO exciting to know what you're having (if you want to know) and they can tell at 17 weeks - wow! Very Happy We're thinking seriously of having this done as my next scan will be at 21 weeks (on 25 April) and we're dying to know if Bump is pink or blue.

I can't wait until then to find out! Think I'll pay the money and have a 4D scan at 17 weeks so less than 5 weeks to go instead of 9...yippee!

It is lovely to hear about your scans, it's a great feeling to share I think! Good luck with all your pregnancies! xx Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular