spina biffida

rhubarbsmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:24 pm 
Post subject: spina biffida
i had my gorgeous ickle boy 2 weeks ago and at birth was told that he had spina bifida, something we were not told! Though i have fallen head over heals in love with him, i was wondering if there were any mummy's who have children with the same condition?
AngelaL76
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:32 pm 
Post subject:
Don't have child with spina bifda but have trained to treat it at uni, might be able to help?

rhubarbsmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
ooh thats fantastic just what i need! you might regret this as i may be pestering you all the time!!!!!
what kind of training did you do? i didnt realise that training like that was done.
Reuben was born with an open milomeningasil( not how spelt but i spelt it how it sounds!)
and was operated on in the first day of his life, bless him!
AngelaL76
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:19 am 
Post subject:
Sorry for delayed post! I completed a degree in conductive education, a hungarian technique for teaching kids with physical problems. The main focus is children with cerebral palsy but a lot of symptoms are similar. My knowledge of the neurology is limited the main focus of my knowledge is building series' of tasks to aid motor development.

rhubarbsmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
that is fanyastic.

today i was thinking how i can help his development and stimulate him, though he is only 5 wks!!! pushy mummy!!!
MnMoms
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:53 pm 
Post subject: Spina Bifida
Hey Emxxx,
How is your baby doing after the operation? My doctors have confirmed my little boy's nueral tube defect with ultra sound at 18 weeks. Now I have all this time to fret! Crying or Very sad
rhubarbsmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:03 pm 
Post subject:
reuben has and is doing really well. babys are so strong, he has amazed me. he was operated on within first 24 hours of his life, and he is progressing well....for reuben he can move hips, kness and lately his feet up and down...but we have a long way to go.

ASBAH is an association which deals with spina bifida and they help you in all areas of your life that will be effected wether financial or meeting up with other mums in you r area with children with spina bifida.

I cant imagine how you are feeling, i would have been fretting so much, i am here any time to talk.
can they tell from the scan what kind of spina bifida your bubba has?
MnMoms
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
At this point all they can tell is that there is an opening at the base of the spine and some fluid in the front two ventricles. It looks mild so far, but the doctors can't make any real judgments right now.

Thanks for the info!
rhubarbsmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:14 am 
Post subject:
please keep us posted, p.m me any time. i feel for you, it may sound scary and future may seem uncertain, but i love my boy so much and i or hubb never see his difficulties, he has his whole life ahead of him and lots of things opened up for him...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Special Needs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular