Biting 15month old

chloelogansmum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:31 pm 
Post subject:
im at the end of my tether, my niece,17 months, who currently lives with us, has bitten my son,16 months 3 times in the last 2 days. twice leaving awful marks and this morning breaking the skin. Crying or Very sad it started with her doing it when he had something she wanted but now its for no reason atall. its getting out of hand now, i dont want my son to start to feel uncomfortable in his own home, please help me, i dont want me and my sister to fall out over this!! Sad
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
i really think ur sisters needs to take control of this situation. she needs to step in and sort this out before ur son gets bit agen.

Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
chloelogansmum wrote:
im at the end of my tether, my niece,17 months, who currently lives with us, has bitten my son,16 months 3 times in the last 2 days. twice leaving awful marks and this morning breaking the skin. Crying or Very sad it started with her doing it when he had something she wanted but now its for no reason atall. its getting out of hand now, i dont want my son to start to feel uncomfortable in his own home, please help me, i dont want me and my sister to fall out over this!! Sad

Oh dear! My DD is going through the same thing...Well scraming, pinching &
pulling hair. However, she did to bite and the past couple of days she has
started biting again!

I have now taken the approach of putting her in her pushchair or Pen. The best thing
to do is to try to remove her from the situation.

My daughter attacked a few lil kids at Tumble tots!!! It was soooo embarrassing!
However, I remained calm spoke to her in a gentle manner & explained why I was
putting her in her pushchair. I told her that she had made the lil boys&girls very
sad, which made mummy sad. I then made a fuss over the other lil children &
ignored my lil girl for a few minutes.

So if your sister isn't with you it may be worth trying this approach. Make loadsa
fuss of your lil boy when you put your niece into her pushchair or highchair for time
out.

This is well worth your sister reading this. https://www.akronchildrens.org/cms/tips/fc019399ca28ce61/tp315.pdf

Goodluck & I hope things start improving soon! You wont fall out with your sister,
as long as you remain calm & explain how you are feeling. Your sister most
probably feels extremely embarrassed about it & most probably not sure what
to do either!

Anyways I'm sure it will all work out fine! x
chloelogansmum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for your advice guys, our travel cot is currently in the living room ready to be used for time out!! : Wink
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular