baby hitting others!!!

eddiesmum
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:04 pm 
Post subject: baby hitting others!!!
hi all,
I am blesed with a really well natured baby and we have a happy family life and spend alot of time with other families and i take my baby to baby groups, nusery and music sessions. however, he has just overthe last week started lashing out and hitting other kids (usually in the face!!) they havent done anything to provoke it and i just cant understand why hes doing it?! mum thinks it might just be beecause hes excited and that he doesntmean to do it.... but i think he does it on purpose, he seems to get a glint in his eye!! (maybe im imagining it!?) i realise i might never understand why he does it but i would like to know if anyone has been through this and found any particular methods to work to stop it? i dont know wther it is best to ignor his bad behaviour or tell him off, or remove him from the situation? everyonme is really shocked as he is not normally like this!!he is nearly 1 year old, and like i said, no other problems or changes.
thanks
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
both mine have been through the same thing, my little bot has taken a while to realise its wrong, but he is getting there he is 16 months now, my daughter also went through it and is lovely natured now and wouldn't dream of hitting anyone, its just a phase i wouldn't worry, its much better he goes through it now then when he is 2. everytime my son does it i just sit him on his bottom for a sec, or if i am holding him and its me he does it to i just put him down straight away. they soon learn they don't get attebtion for it.
don't worry your child isn't a demon, just a normal child
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Just wanted to say all children go through stages. If i were you and he is almost 1 i'd tell him no and try to explain why. if you ignore it it will only get worse.I'v been a childminder for 10 yrs i'm no expert and am still learning all children are different. But i find it best to try to stop a bad habbit early.also maybe tell him to give a love (cuddle) to injured child, to say sorry! teaching responsibility early is always good. Dx
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
i agree, tell him to be nice and cuddle, that always works

Jump to:  

Community

Popular