talking

mommyknudy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:50 am 
Post subject: talking
Maybe someone can offer some advice on how to fix our challenge.
Our baby girl started babbling and cooing when she was about two months old. Then I went back to work and our nanny has the TV on most of the day, she watches it often too. She's bilingual, so often it's on the spanish television station. Which we're happy about because we want our daughter to learn spanish..I speak spanish as well. But, she's not talking as much now, she just turned 4 months. am I overreacting??? or is it the TV???? Any advice would help. Thank you!
Mommyknudy
Adeli
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:04 am 
Post subject: Bilingual baby
Don't worry, your baby can learn several different languages at once, as long as he/she hears them often enough. They can identify the differences and soon learn to recognise which person speaks which language. So, if your nanny speaks Spanish and you speak English then you're very lucky as your baby has the chance to be bilingual too! The important thing is to always be consistent so the rule is one person, one language and then there's no confusion.

I speak spanish to my baby and my childminder speaks english so it's the same situation in reverse.

Adeli Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular