Trying to get pregnant

Twigs
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:26 pm 
Post subject: Trying to get pregnant
Hi

I came off the pill (having been on it for about 18 years) at the end of December and have been trying to get pregnant since. Does anyone know how long it should take, as you often hear about people who get pregnant the first time?
I am driving myself mad by buying tests all the time as I just can not seem to wait until my period is due.
Any advice would be appreciated. Rolling Eyes
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Twigs - Dont think there is a set time I would say it differs for everybody I was told at 39 I would have more difficulty in conceiving and have fallen pregnant 3 times in 6 months!! (Have had 2 m/c though) but am now 8 weeks gone and all is well so far. An old friend of mine told me to put a cushion under my bottom after sex to help the sperm reach the egg, worked for me!!! Not the most romantic of things but we had a good laugh about it Laughing Good luck and hope it works for you...Asda sell pregnancy testing strips 2 for 1, I have gone through packets of them my friend is a pharmacist for Asda and said they are as good as branded products just not as pretty. Good luck and take care, Flossie xx
Tigger83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,

Unfortunately, everyone is completely different with how long it can take. Some are extremely lucky and conceive first time, others it takes years. I think they tend to say 25% are within the first month, 60% are within first 6 months and 80% within the first year. But again, that is just a statistic really. It completely depends on the couple. I know it is almost impossible, but the more you relax and dont think about it, the more likely it is to happen quickly and naturally. Just try and enjoy the excitement that each time could be a potential baby making time!! It just makes me smile at the thought I could become pregnant every time! It is extremely disappointing when it doesnt happen but you just have to remain as positive as possible and truly believe that it WILL happen when the time is right.

Lots of babydust and remember enjoy!!! Very Happy
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
hi with my first baby it took 18 month with my second it only took 3 month then i got the inplant in got it took out in july and fell in aug to my suprise lol im now 29 weeks pregnant so good luck hun xx
Suzannex
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:56 am 
Post subject: ..
exactly, my friend got pregnant in her first month, me on the other hand had the stupid depro injection and have been tryin since august... Fustrating, but i know i'll get there!!

Just try and relax.. and enjoy baby making lol.!! its the fun part remember!!!

TakeCare xx
Goodluck xx
haribo
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:06 am 
Post subject:
hi i am 36 and we planned ttc from december / new year 2008 onwards , i visited my gp who told me it 90 % take 12month and 70% 18months .so not to worry if that was the case .

i can away with my new found knowlege and we booked a last minuite snowboarding holiday for february

guess what happened on the 6th Janauray - yep i,m pregnant hooray

so it really can be that quick as that even my doctor was suprised , i came of all contraception 12 months ago and we have been using condoms for 12 months

i did change my diet to all organic veg milk , and cut down my alchol intake to 14 units a week from about november - not sure if that helped
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular