Stress and my baby

Muffina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:04 am 
Post subject: Stress and my baby
Hi I am new to this site and I am very worried about stress.

I am suffering unduly from stress at the moment. I work full time as a credit controller/debt collector and I am stressed at work then I come home and I get stressed there as well with the husband the other child the dogs and the cats for what I see as no apparent reason is there something I can try to help calm me...

I am getting worried now that it may affect the baby. I am 18 weeks pregnant.

Many Thanks
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Muffina, That's not so good that you're feeling so stressted just now. I like my job but also feel stressed out a lot about it and I tend to bring that home with me too which isn't good. I also suffer from CFS and get very frustarted with what I can and can't do and that comes out in a negative way sometimes.

What I have done, that is helping certainly at home, is I sat my husband down for a conversation to explain to him that I wasn't coping all that well and I needed him to help me no matter how unreasonable I sometimes came across. When I get stressed I tend to get really angry or really upset and I feel it makes me tense my uterus and I worry about the baby. I've asked my hubby to almost humour my outbursts and apologise even if it's something really stupid and if i'm crying about work or nothing(!) then he has to come over and cuddle me to get me back in control. With housework, dogs etc he's been great and taken some of the strain off whihc has been great.

With regards work I'm not coping 100% myself and am counting down the days to mat leave. I know speaking to my GP there isn't much they can give you in terms of meds to calm you and I have been going to a massage therapist once a week to help with my CFS and that has been helping too,

Sorry i've gone on forever there!
Hope you find something that works for you xxxx
Muffina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply its great to see that it's not just me. I have also been recommended Lavender oil in a scent burner so I'm going to try that. Maybe have a bath with the Lavennder burner in the room with me and the door locked.....

Take care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular