mans point of veiw needed

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:31 am 
Post subject: mans point of veiw needed
my fella is fantastic with our daughter he is really smiley happy, he sings to her baths her feeds her takes her for walks.............

recently i went on a course for 2 days and he looked after her, id just got to where i was staying and he rang me in a panic, she had been sick quite violently. i gave him advice and told him not to worry. after he had put her to sleep he rang me to say that my tone sounded like i didnt care, i did care but i was being calm for him!

the problem now is that he seems to have lost his confidence a bit he shys away from feeding her ( we are trying to wean ) gets upset and fustrated when she cries and doesnt seem to want to be alone with her as he used to. i think he thinks he does everything wrong.
he wont talk about what happed that weekend.

i have to go away again soon, how can i get him to see that i trust him fully with our daughter and he doesnt have to ring me to make a decision and that he is a good father?

did any of you feel this way after caring for your baby on your own for the first time?

StuartS
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:02 am 
Post subject:
well whenever Gem leaves me with Faith she just seems to cry, i think its just coincidence...i dont do alot of feeds, but i do some, i tend to work the behind the scenes stuff.

But what i would do is force him to feed your baby...just give him the bottle and baby and ask nicely if he can feed, then when he is done praise him and im sure in no time he will be confident again.
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:17 am 
Post subject:
the other night i had to work late and he had no choice but to do the bedtime routine, he didnt really say much when i got in but baby was in bed and fast asleep so he couldnt have done too badly! he is still making excuses about the spoon feeding though!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Dads' Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular